The Montrose Thread

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was it last season Joe McGovern was on loan at the Mo? If so, thoughts?

Also Fleming is a great signing in my opinion; I'd be happy with that as Mo fan.

It was the season before. He only played a couple of games, and I only seen him once so it's hard to judge really. The one thing I did think, is that he's quite short for a goalkeeper, and that seemed to cause him to struggle a bit when it came to dealing with corners.

Hard to say about McGovern. When he came to use we were an utter shambles, at the end of the Shields era. The poor lad lost a lot of goals on his debut and having come from an organised set up seemed genuinely shellshocked at stepping into a cratered minefield of a back four. Some real clownshoes goals were given away during his loan spell but none really attributable to him.

He had ability and I can't remember him costing us a goal, but it's true that he is on the short side for a keeper. Certainly worth a look, though.

Was it last season Joe McGovern was on loan at the Mo? If so, thoughts?

Also Fleming is a great signing in my opinion; I'd be happy with that as Mo fan.

I never rated mcgovern but each to their own,dundee utd obviously seen something in him.

Isn't McGovern very injury prone? We had him on loan think he played one or two games then was injured for a good while.

Yeah young Joe was with us from Dundee United U20s but he hardly featured but did manage to play once in his time at Bayview and was either on the bench and later got injured so therefore we sent him back in January for Rangers loanee Liam Kelly. Allan Fleming will be very good number one keeper at links park.

Any word if their is a goalkeeping coach coming in to help the new goalkeepers next season with jim butters being away? I would go for Derek souttar he could be our number two and train up Allan Fleming or big rab if he wants to coach both pretty local aswell.

I think Fleming will be there as a number 2 I am sure he has not been signed as the number 1 decent shot stopper but poor with the basics and makes a lot of errors. I am sure we will get another keeper sorted this week

Fleming left East Fife as he wasn't guaranteed to be the no1 so don't think he would go to Montrose to be no2

Archived