Stenhousemuir FC - The League 2 Champions - The 2024/25 Thread

Stenhousemuir have plundered Gary Naysmith's contacts book to bring in Ben Stirling from Edinburgh City.

He's not a player I know much about but he can apparently play in a number of positions and should offer us the defensive cover we've been needing.

I wish him well and hope he can do us a good turn.

Didn't think we'd sign another player but it's good to see Naysmith getting the backing he needs to add to the squad and increase our squad depth. 

I've only seen him play once, I think, and that was for Accies a while ago, where I'm sure he came off the bench and played as a CB. Hasn't played many games in the last couple of seasons, but Naysmith will get the best out of him. 

Signing up Darren Jamieson until 2026 is terrific business. He's one of the best goalkeepers I've ever seen at Stenhousemuir and he's had the most transformative effect on the team since Eric Paton in 2010.

At this level, you can go a long way if you have a good, reliable, trustworthy goalie, and Jamieson has been excellent for the Warriors so far.

Well done to all concerned!

On 24/01/2024 at 21:45, Am Featha *****h Nan Clach said:

Of the current starting core it's only Nicky Jamieson, Adam Brown and Matty Yates to re-sign. I suspect Yates might like (and get a full time gig) but would hope we'd stand a decent chance of retaining the other 2.

And just like that, Nicky has signed a two year extension! 

Aye, that's another excellent piece of business. Nicky Jamieson's in the running for Player of the Season and I'm delighted he's sticking around for another two years. He's big, strong and quick off the mark, and he's really formed a strong partnership at centre-back with Gregor Buchanan. He's a thoroughly likeable guy too and one who's very popular amongst the support.

Matty Yates next, please, Mr Naysmith!

Two more years of that big nut headering bricks will do me quite nicely. He's as good as it gets in this league and should be comfortable up a league as well.

If we can add Matty Y and Adam as well it would be great to see this squad have a right go at league one together. They certainly deserve it and that togerthness can hopefully carry us a long way even at a better level.

Delighted that we've managed to re-sign Nicky. He's an absolute machine. 

Having Buchanan beside him and DJ behind, has allowed Nicky to develop. His positioning, composure and decision making have improved a lot this season and the whole team is seeing the benefit from it. 

I can't think of a better centre back in our division. 

Great news. Nicky is my Player of the Year so far, He was already one of our better players but his performances this season have taken him to another level. He has even added “ball playing centre half” to his repertoire. We will miss him the next few weeks.

Congratulations on your record-breaking run.

After Saturday's defeat, your league form now looks like The Very Hungry Caterpillar - a fitting analogy for the way you've gobbled up victories this season.

The Very Hungry Caterpillar.JPG

The Very Hungry Caterpillar 2.JPG

The Very Hungry Caterpillar 3.jpg