A restructured 12 team league

A lot of half decent comments on this topic, which is good, however I think it's far to complicated. As it stands we have 4 leagues, I personally think that's to much. I'd have 3 leagues of 14, bottom 3 go down/top 3 go up. For the "3rd division" have it so that the 2 teams that finish bottom fall back into the pyramid set-up and the 2 respective champions from each Highland/Lowland leagues are promoted to the 3rd division.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

16-16-10 with lots of promotion places plus a playoff system.

Bottom league has no need to be a large number as it's for the stiffs after all.

2 old firm games a season, should they ever be in the same league ever again, would actually make them more attractive as they would be less frequent. At least 4 a season (up to seven with cups) is far too many.

Visiting each team once a season would make each visit to a ground a bit more special rather than the current "No ........... Again!"

Get the meaningless games off the TV as naebody watches them and you lose as much attendance as you get TV money with daft kick off times.

Almost. Only one thing needs changed, that is the strange format for the premiership play-offs. Just just be semi-final then final.

Agreed and one off match final as in England.

You could get some tasty derbies going by inviting a couple of clubs from the north of england to join the scottish leagues (carlisle, blyth etc.)

the addition of some established and reasonably well supported clubs helping to facilitate an expansion of the league here, 16-16-16 say

You could get some tasty derbies going by inviting a couple of clubs from the north of england to join the scottish leagues (carlisle, blyth etc.)

the addition of some established and reasonably well supported clubs helping to facilitate an expansion of the league here, 16-16-16 say

The last average attendance I found for Blyth was 464. Which was just under the average for their fellow Northumbrians Berwick Rangers (466).

A lot of half decent comments on this topic, which is good, however I think it's far to complicated. As it stands we have 4 leagues, I personally think that's to much. I'd have 3 leagues of 14, bottom 3 go down/top 3 go up. For the "3rd division" have it so that the 2 teams that finish bottom fall back into the pyramid set-up and the 2 respective champions from each Highland/Lowland leagues are promoted to the 3rd division.

I agree with this. 3 leagues of 14 means 39 games per season and no split. Expands the top league and reduces the number of times you play the same team down to 3 per season.

Could also have bottom 2 going down automatically and 3rd bottom in a play-off.

Only downside is 2 games at home and 1 away against some teams, but hardly a big deal.

Not too bad right now.

Title, Europe, top six, avoid relegation... Plenty to keep fans interested and avoid so many meaningless games

Think 2nd bottom of prem should play 4th in playoff like other two divisions. Play off finals should be one off at Neautral venue.

Entry cost really needs looked at and summer football at least tested for a year or two. Better pitches, better weather for fans, decent TV deals likely as no competition from English football for a few months

Better pitches, better weather for fans

Erm yes, because when I think back to Saturday's conditions - roaring gales and sheets of rain - my first thought was 'summer football' and my second thought definitely wasn't 'is an utterly shit idea.'

Archived