Forfar 2015-2016 Transfers/rumours/ updates

Yes they look good , but are made from horrible cheap material . I understand why the club go to Pendle , to save money which is the right thing to do.

Our club would tend to disagree. Pendle kits have proved to be the most hardwearing and resilient that our club have ever had. They wash well and basically hold together for most of the season unlike some of the better known brands. They are also a reliable company to deal with delivery wise.

I think the word has got round as there are quite a few smaller clubs using Pendle kits.

• Replies 884
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Our club would tend to disagree. Pendle kits have proved to be the most hardwearing and resilient that our club have ever had. They wash well and basically hold together for most of the season unlike some of the better known brands. They are also a reliable company to deal with delivery wise.

I think the word has got round as there are quite a few smaller clubs using Pendle kits.

They feel horrible compared to Adidas or Nike

Read about Darren Barr signing for County today. It mentions that he was once on loan at us. Does anyone remember this?

Signed on loan from Falkirk at the start of the 2005 season and played 15 games, his loan spell ended at the end of December 2005.

He has left Ross County and signed for Dumbarton.

An excellent website with every player who has played for The loons from 1949/50 to 2013/2014 is listed here:-

http://www.neilbrown.newcastlefans.com/forfar/forfar.html

This is a great site and a real labour of love for the owner..If you go to the home page, you'll see Neil is always on the lookout for info on dates of birth or clubs transferred to etc. So, if you know any info about any of the players, drop him a line.

Dundee, Forfar, Liverpool & Scotland.

Guest bernardblack

Starting to worry about the squad, looks a bit thin. Would really like to see another centre half (aware that COB can cover there but would like another actual centre half) and a pacy striker.

Any news on Omar?

James Dale played for Brechin tonight, been offered a deal there. Sad to see him go but I don't think he was too high in the pecking order so all the best to him at Brechin. Always a great attitude and did well when called upon.

Not much to worry about with the squad of players we have

I'll be happier if we get a goalscorer with a bit of pace signed up.

A bit of a blow to lose our 2 centre halves from last season but am hopeful that TOB and Travis can step up to the mark.

Omar was in and out of the team but finished the season strongly. I think Smudger could easily do as good a job on the right wing though.

Really liked James Dale as a player (great attitude) but he didn't seem to feature too often and always seemed to be behind Foxy, Gav and Omar for a midfield spot. With Hodge and Nicoll signed, (plus Young, Denholm and the aforementioned Foxy and Malin), I don't think we would have seen too much of James again this season. Probably the right move for him, if he goes.

Certainly for the amount of chances we create, we should be more comfortable in many games - we either need a huge season from Sanny and Swanks (in terms of goals) or we need a predator who can finish off the chances being created.

Archived