Forfar 2015-2016 Transfers/rumours/ updates

Nothing official on any of these yet so will wait for news from the club. Don't see the problem with 2 year deals, better to keep hold of your best players and more security for the player.

• Replies 884
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now official about Denholm, nothing else mentioned.

Courier reporting 2 years for Denholm, Campbell signs (12 months), Kader verbally agrees (12 months), awaiting Dods & Hilson and Hubby likely to be away.

Would still like to see us with a 20 goal a season type striker. (wouldn't we all!) Hilson may be it, if he stays injury free. Sanny averages under 10 a season and Swanks is around the double figure mark

I liked Hubby and he had undoubted class but he really did little of note last season and there is no way you would have picked him ahead of a fully fit young or Fotheringham by the end of season.

I'm not sure about Hilson, he works hard but the goal return isn't there and as mentioned above we need a goalscorer.

Brilliant that Kader and Denholm signed up ,wanted both those and hopefully for us we can get another season out of Dods but if he gets a management role elsewhere then fair enough.

Bulk of last season's squad signed up with O' Brien and Hodge added, if we can get a good striker in (maybe a loan?) plus the guys who broke out of the development team then fancy us for another tilt at the title.

I liked Hubby and he had undoubted class but he really did little of note last season and there is no way you would have picked him ahead of a fully fit young or Fotheringham by the end of season.

I'm not sure about Hilson, he works hard but the goal return isn't there and as mentioned above we need a goalscorer.

Brilliant that Kader and Denholm signed up ,wanted both those and hopefully for us we can get another season out of Dods but if he gets a management role elsewhere then fair enough.

Bulk of last season's squad signed up with O' Brien and Hodge added, if we can get a good striker in (maybe a loan?) plus the guys who broke out of the development team then fancy us for another tilt at the title.

Could you tell some Pars fans that? They seem to think he bossed the league after we let him go or something.

Husband is an enigma, looks neat and tidy on the ball and throws in the occasional wonder goal (stenny/dnfermline last season) but i watched him closely a few times, his lack of work rate, mobility and overall positional play was very poor. If he worked with the right manager who was maybe able to play him in some sort of luxury role then their might be a player in there but didnt do enough to warrant another deal.

Husband is an enigma, looks neat and tidy on the ball and throws in the occasional wonder goal (stenny/dnfermline last season) but i watched him closely a few times, his lack of work rate, mobility and overall positional play was very poor. If he worked with the right manager who was maybe able to play him in some sort of luxury role then their might be a player in there but didnt do enough to warrant another deal.

Yeah, I think you would almost have to play him in a free role behind the striker(s) to get the best from him, not something we could do last season with playing two wingers for most of it.

Is Dods not off to Cowdenbeath, that's what I'm hearing...player/manager

Better to check if someone has appointed a manager first IMO

Archived