Forfar 2015-2016 Transfers/rumours/ updates

Both identical non-defending at our left back position, yes.

We all knew that's what you meant.

TOB is a good player at this level. I would disagree about him being quick though. Sure, he's not slow, but his positional awareness is excellent which might make him appear quicker.

Needs a decent ball player alongside him though as he really isn't very good with the ball at his feet.

• Replies 884
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't see us paying any money for Linn or anyone tbh, I would take Murray on loan and maybe a winger to compete with Denholm, don't think he performed well this season

I highly doubt the board would sell linn anyway

shaping up then...

Signed

GK

Douglas

Defenders

Baxter

Travis

O'Brien

Dunlop

Midfielders

Foxy

Malin

Hodge

Dale

Young

Forwards

Swankie

Templeman

In discussions with remainder of senior squad from last year...

GK

Salmon

Defenders

Dods

Midfielders

Husband

Denholm

Kader

Forwards

Smith

Hilson

Dick said on Radio Tay interview yesterday that he had 18 players agreed and signed up and that he'll work with 22 - O'Brien today makes 19 which leaves the hoped for couple of "fresh" faces according to the website plus 1 (Steeves?)...plus the U20s covering for suspensions and injuries. King, Hay, Kennedy, Clark, Neave & Yates all made at least the bench at various points last season.

http://www.tayfm.co.uk/localnews/listen-forfar-boss-determined-to-bounce-back/

Kader and Husband are must haves, all the rest would be desirable though Denholm and Hilson have disappointed this season, we know what they are capable of.

Got to be a testimonial season for Foxy?

So far the business done by Dick and the board cannot give any Loons supporter cause for complaint I would have thought. Interesting and pleasing to see a number of 2-year deals being done as opposed to the usual non-committal 12 month alternatives.

Whilst it is certainly a shame to see Malky off to Stenhousemuir from the player's perspective it was a no-brainer in terms of geography and the fact he has also been given a chance to coach. His twitter account showed just how devastated he was following the play-off final - a real 100%-er. Best of luck to him. With his departure the role of Darren Dods this season will be critical with the other centre half likely to be one of Travis (cannot understate just how important his new 2 year deal is), Dunlop or O'Brien (cannot see both him and Young in central midfield together). Although Travis and O'Brien may be the future.

Retention of the spine of the squad that got us so close to promotion was always going to be the priority and on the whole that appears to have been achieved. Agree with SilverFox that Kader's signature is perhaps now the most sought after in terms of those still to re-sign. Hubby? Unsure.

Where's the Cammy Kerr one come from? Just a fancy or something that has been overheard in The West End Bar?

However, the real deal-breaker is going to be that critical 20-goal-a-season fox in the box. Every team strives to find him and we are no different - be they Linn, Murray or whoever they will have no shortage of ammunition from our midfield, Swanks and/or Sanny. I would also not discount Hilson, but needs an injury-free run to build some form of momentum.

Whatever transpires over the next month or so the start of the season cannot come quick enough.

Away the Loons!

So far the business done by Dick and the board cannot give any Loons supporter cause for complaint I would have thought. Interesting and pleasing to see a number of 2-year deals being done as opposed to the usual non-committal 12 month alternatives.

Whilst it is certainly a shame to see Malky off to Stenhousemuir from the player's perspective it was a no-brainer in terms of geography and the fact he has also been given a chance to coach. His twitter account showed just how devastated he was following the play-off final - a real 100%-er. Best of luck to him. With his departure the role of Darren Dods this season will be critical with the other centre half likely to be one of Travis (cannot understate just how important his new 2 year deal is), Dunlop or O'Brien (cannot see both him and Young in central midfield together). Although Travis and O'Brien may be the future.

Retention of the spine of the squad that got us so close to promotion was always going to be the priority and on the whole that appears to have been achieved. Agree with SilverFox that Kader's signature is perhaps now the most sought after in terms of those still to re-sign. Hubby? Unsure.

Where's the Cammy Kerr one come from? Just a fancy or something that has been overheard in The West End Bar?

However, the real deal-breaker is going to be that critical 20-goal-a-season fox in the box. Every team strives to find him and we are no different - be they Linn, Murray or whoever they will have no shortage of ammunition from our midfield, Swanks and/or Sanny. I would also not discount Hilson, but needs an injury-free run to build some form of momentum.

Whatever transpires over the next month or so the start of the season cannot come quick enough.

Away the Loons!

The Cammy kerr thing was just something I fancied . Always impressed against us . Oh and wighton too if we are picking our Dundee players for loan ;)

The Cammy kerr thing was just something I fancied . Always impressed against us . Oh and wighton too if we are picking our Dundee players for loan ;)

A-ha! Would seem doubtful given how highly Kerr appears to be regarded by a number of Dens Park sages within the confines of P&B.

I have a strong feeling that Dick's powers of persuasion may draw in that fox in the box - just something in the Surrey water.

Will forfar fans please stfu about linn?

You should be flattered that Angus' BIG team covets one of your crown jewels!

In all seriousness, doubt very much he will prised away from Gayfield given the signings you've made so far - Coult, Grehan and Linn would not be out of place in many Division 1 squads.

In all seriousness, doubt very much he will prised away from Gayfield given the signings you've made so far - Coult, Grehan and Linn would not be out of place in many Division 1 squads.

Coult is complete pish

I'm optimistic about next season anyways. Whatley is the one we might lose, Aberdeen and Dundee rumoured to be interested.

Looking relatively strong with our squad so far. If we add who were reportedly interested in then it could get interesting.

YER NO GETTING LINN

When your lot stops the annual "Yano's coming to Arbroath" rumours we will. Deal?

Who Is yano?

Fotheringham?

Can safely say I think I've only heard Arbroath fans speaking about him in Sheerins last season for about 3 weeks, then he resigned with you! It's definitely no annual!

But aye we can agree to that! :P

Good luck next season

I actually agree

So do ,I it's embarrassing clamouring for a player that is under contract elsewhere and that I don't actually think would add much to our team, there are far bigger and better options (including ones that were at our club last season) out there to be chasing imo.

Archived