Forfar 2015-2016 Transfers/rumours/ updates

He doesn't appear interested and appears to put little effort in. Often seen walking around, head down not paying attention. Maybe that super long contract he was handed has taken away any hunger he had. If he had the right attitude he'd still be a very good Premiership player but appearing to be a huffy little child has prevented that. Some say he's just very laid back.....

Undroppable in Dick's reign though Mr C had others in that category too. Mr Bollan is either trying everyone out but appears willing to drop anyone underperforming other than Swanks. I'm a fan of Gavin, always have been, but he needs dropping to send him a clear message. Perhaps the gaffers are scared he'll have a major huff if they do but I say Gary should do it. All the skill in the world isn't much use to anyone without the attitude and drive to use it.

Suspect it's more like that with the money he's on he literally is undroppable to the board.

• Replies 884
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Courier today reports that Craig had offers from QOTS, Albion Rovers and Brechin so I guess the board have pushed the boat out to get him. Hope it pays off.

I sincerely hope for your clubs sake that they haven't pushed the boat out. And if they have, I sincerely hope that Craig is a damn sight more interested in playing for Forfar than he was playing with us. I tried to give the guy the benefit of the doubt as it was rumoured he didn't transition well from full time football to part time but he was extremely disappointing and looked like he'd rather be anywhere else.I hope you're not expecting him to fire you away from the relegation places, not that type of player. I'm pretty surprised he's got another part time deal, he was supposed to be off down south again.

I sincerely hope for your clubs sake that they haven't pushed the boat out. And if they have, I sincerely hope that Craig is a damn sight more interested in playing for Forfar than he was playing with us. I tried to give the guy the benefit of the doubt as it was rumoured he didn't transition well from full time football to part time but he was extremely disappointing and looked like he'd rather be anywhere else.I hope you're not expecting him to fire you away from the relegation places, not that type of player. I'm pretty surprised he's got another part time deal, he was supposed to be off down south again.

According to that article earlier on he was in a coaching position. Take it you guys rate Andy Ryan higher?

According to that article earlier on he was in a coaching position. Take it you guys rate Andy Ryan higher?

Coaching role with us? We were never made aware of that. He was signed to be our main striker but was a big let down aside from 15 minutes at Easter Road.

How has he been anyway? Appeared to be linked with a few Championship clubs after being released by Accies but no one seemed keen to take a punt.

Has looked OK so far, scored a cracking goal last week, certainly seems to be some talent there but from the two games I've seen so far don't think he's Championship level at the moment.

He doesn't appear interested and appears to put little effort in. Often seen walking around, head down not paying attention. Maybe that super long contract he was handed has taken away any hunger he had. If he had the right attitude he'd still be a very good Premiership player but appearing to be a huffy little child has prevented that. Some say he's just very laid back.....

Undroppable in Dick's reign though Mr C had others in that category too. Mr Bollan is either trying everyone out but appears willing to drop anyone underperforming other than Swanks. I'm a fan of Gavin, always have been, but he needs dropping to send him a clear message. Perhaps the gaffers are scared he'll have a major huff if they do but I say Gary should do it. All the skill in the world isn't much use to anyone without the attitude and drive to use it.

I thought that was Steven Craig you were talking about at us.

Like the others have said, he was a major disappointment for us. H'es pretty lazy, challenges for very little in the air and rarely shoots.

However, I noticed wee things he did which were clever. His positioning is decent, and he's pretty good at winning cheap free-kicks. He did a masterful job of blocking off the 'keeper for our goal away at Livingston for example, I think there was just a massive lack of hunger on his behalf during his time with us.

Good luck to him anyway, hope he bangs in a few goals and re-discovers his Thistle form.

Its really worrying times, Id be very surprised if we were to release Baxter from 1 1/2 year contract.

Is he on a 2 year deal? Jeezo, after last season's injuries, that was a gamble! Thought only TOB, Travis and Swanks were signed beyond this season. (and maybe Hodge too).

Archived