Forfar 2015-2016 Transfers/rumours/ updates

• Replies 884
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nothing official on Dods. If he was interviewed for the Cowdenbeath job then it would be logical to think he has applied for the Brechin position but they seem to be taking an eternity to appoint someone.

Think Hilson will stay if he's offered a contract, had a disappointing season imo but he'll bounce back eventually!

He had been offered a contract . Campbell quoted as waiting to hear back from him

Scott at the Forfar dispatch reporting that - "Dale Hilson and Omar Kader have been given time by the club to consider offered new deals due to personal reasons".

Refers to the deals Forfar offered (although Omar has another offer apparently)

Edited after clarifying whose offers were being considered.

It looks like Kader and Hilson will be off, they surely would've signed by now. Just hope they both go the championship so they dont come back to haunt us.

Doesn't mean they're off just because they've been given more time. If it's for personal reasons then obviously they have more important things to deal with than football.

I thought kader had signed

It had been reported that he'd verbally agreed to the new contract but as we've seen with a couple of Arbroath players recently, verbal agreement isn't 100% guaranteed. Let's hope their "personal reasons" aren't too serious and they re-sign shortly.

Doesn't mean they're off just because they've been given more time. If it's for personal reasons then obviously they have more important things to deal with than football.

Pre season starts on the 18th, its pretty obvious they are weighing up other options.

Is Hilson able to make the step up to the Championship?

Not sure, on his day he can really cause problems with his pace and his trickery, I find his end product always a bit unpredictable which i think has hindered him playing higher. Good lad and wish him well if he moves on.

Do Forfar fans rate Kader? Never been that impressed whenever I've saw him, reasonably fast and energetic but never a football player.

Yes, he has improved massively over the time we have had him, his energy levels and fitness have always been at a high level, last season he added more goals and assists. Just hope if he moves on it is up a league.

Do Forfar fans rate Kader? Never been that impressed whenever I've saw him, reasonably fast and energetic but never a football player.

Poor in front of goal, tends to wildly miss good chances. Good going up the wing, sometimes caught out of position at the back when defending but improved over the season. Still hope he signs for us.

Archived