East Region South Division Thread 2015-2016

Burnie_man

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well half wit I have followed Whitburn for over 50 years and I can never remember having a sugar daddy propping up the team. The club's money has always come from hard working committees and loyal supporters through thick and thin. I reserve my judgement comparing Tranent with the likes of Ballingry, Edinburgh and Bathgate whose big money men walked away after a year or two. As I said "watch this space"

Well half wit I have followed Whitburn for over 50 years and I can never remember having a sugar daddy propping up the team. The club's money has always come from hard working committees and loyal supporters through thick and thin. I reserve my judgement comparing Tranent with the likes of Ballingry, Edinburgh and Bathgate whose big money men walked away after a year or two. As I said "watch this space"

I was wondering when Edinburgh had a money man ?

I was wondering when Edinburgh had a money man ?

Well done to Edinburgh then to go from a bottom of the league team for years to promotion to the Premier two seasons ago with no money men backing them What's happened to them now then. Why did manager/coach and players desert them?

Well done to Edinburgh then to go from a bottom of the league team for years to promotion to the Premier two seasons ago with no money men backing them What's happened to them now then. Why did manager/coach and players desert them?

Players and coaches offered better deals at other clubs after performing well, because there was no 'money man' to pay to keep them. Not every team that does well needs money, but it does make it easier.

People move on so its rebuilding, that's what's happening now.

Only the second time I've been to a Junior match this season and it's clear to see Tranent will be up there at the end of the season, no doubt.

Apart from the No. 10's 2nd (fantastic goal btw, MOTM) Tranent were in total control of the match. Gifted the 1st and 3rd goals and the 4th was a bit of a mess.

Let's not forget Tranent hitting the woodwork twice, missing a penalty and having what seemed to be a fair goal ruled out.

Whitburn will take heart from the victory as being the first team to defeat Tranent this season but it certainly won't have a major impact in Tranents quest for glory.

On the note of celebrations... I think it's great to see both teams celebrating the way they did! It's adds the the excitement and that's exactly what football at any level is about! I certainly don't excuse Tranent for celebrating like they had, "won the World Cup" 3-1 down for the boy to hit an equalising volley into the top corner the way he did... It was fantastic to see. I was just surprised they didn't go on to win the match as it was one way traffic at that point.

I think what frustrates many people is that over the last few seasons the division has regularly been "skewed" so to speak with clubs who - out of the blue - benefit from an injection of money and new players which immediately takes them to promotion ahead of clubs who stick within their means and try to build sustainably.

More often than not these clubs end up back where they came from as the money dries up and the players head elsewhere for the next pay packet. Boom and bust is never good for anyone. Some clubs folded because of it and others clung on by the skin of their teeth.

Everyone knew before the start of the season that there was effectively one promotion spot up for offer given the very large (for our division) injection of cash into Tranent which enabled them to buy/attract players from Superleague clubs. Of course it's their business how they go about running their club and good luck to them, only time will tell if this is sustainable long term.

I think what frustrates many people is that over the last few seasons the division has regularly been "skewed" so to speak with clubs who - out of the blue - benefit from an injection of money and new players which immediately takes them to promotion ahead of clubs who stick within their means and try to build sustainably.

More often than not these clubs end up back where they came from as the money dries up and the players head elsewhere for the next pay packet. Boom and bust is never good for anyone. Some clubs folded because of it and others clung on by the skin of their teeth.

Everyone knew before the start of the season that there was effectively one promotion spot up for offer given the very large (for our division) injection of cash into Tranent which enabled them to buy/attract players from Superleague clubs. Of course it's their business how they go about running their club and good luck to them, only time will tell if this is sustainable long term.

I totally get what you are saying. Tranent has been at the bottom of the pile for a long time. I've helped numerous teams over the years, not just at junior level. Tranents model is not my money, yes I've sponsored new kit for four teams. It's more to do with the lotto which takes over a 1k a week and the sponsors, Success also brings fans through the gate. We have been extremely lucky with them buying back into the clubs vision. I have a lot of business associates that have taken advertising boards etc. The committee have worked there socks of and its unfair to dismiss them. The football club will be fine long after I've gone. However I respect what you are saying.

Well gorgieman,if you have never had a money man who pays Gary Bass then must be the tooth fairy then,and why are you in the bottom division

Well gorgieman,if you have never had a money man who pays Gary Bass then must be the tooth fairy then,and why are you in the bottom division

do a quick search online and our troubles are well documented and it has nothing to do with a money man. my view the issue stems from the fact we didn't join the super league when it started.

Players and manager/coaches were probably not getting paid!! Tbh you have a cheek considering your top man is on £120 a week! Who's your money man!! You?

JOS. Don't know where you got that from. No where near the mark and certainly no big money man and definitely not me.

Facebook can be a wee bitty dangerous noo and again haha!

"Now........further to suggestions on Pie and Bovril by some dick going under the name gorgieman , he has implied that Edinburgh United Juniors have had a sugar daddy financing the club over the last few seasons, then disappeared leaving the club in a financial predicament.Nothing could be further from the truth!"

You are bang on half wit. Tranent were once one of the best supported around. We have over 100 season ticket holders this year and average home gate has been 150. You are all way of the mark with the money man! I'm not going to explain myself on here, come to AGM next year. I'll bet my bottom dollar our Managers spend is less than other teams in our league.

Yesterday game was great spectacle for junior football, 2 teams going at it hammer and tong. Whitburn worked hard and we were well below par, the boys showed great spirit in the second half. That was the pleasing thing for all at the club, first time in that situation and the boys battled hard. You could see what it meant to use, the reaction was shocking at the end. All the best for the rest of the season.

are you including what you paid for the boy smith in that,or are you forgetting about him?cause what he gets is probably more than what most clubs have spent on there whole team!

Archived