East Region South Division Thread 2015-2016

Burnie_man

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Scottish cup 2nd Round

Tranent v Auchinleck Talbot

Tie to be played 31st October due to William Hill Scottish Cup on the 24th October involving Auchiinleck.

some draw that for the belters, bumper crowd

Just out of interest, what kind of crowd do people expect to turn out for the Tranent Talbot game?

i was at the edinburgh united v auchinleck game 4 years ago in the first round at paties road and there were around 600 people there and edinburgh dont have anywhere near as much intrest in their games as we do.

i was at the edinburgh united v auchinleck game 4 years ago in the first round at paties road and there were around 600 people there and edinburgh dont have anywhere near as much intrest in their games as we do.

550 of that would have been Talbot fans tae, lol... So what u expecting?

550 of that would have been Talbot fans tae, lol... So what u expecting?

i think tranent and east lothian as a whole will be promoting the game and hopefully can push for 800-900. Doing so well so far in the league can only enhance intrest. Either way its a good fixture for the club as a whole.

800-900 seems a realistic amount, i think they could maybe get 1000 threw the gates. Anything more than that would be a good achievement. Been debating with one of my mates tonight who thinks there's gonna be 2000 there, think he's still pished fi wkend, lol.

"Auchinleck have established their dominance in recent years, including a series of Scottish Junior Cup triumphs - 10 in total to Cumnock's two. The rivalry remains intense enough to be able to draw crowds of more than 2,000, the kind of attendances that some senior clubs would welcome." BBC SPORT http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29949231

If thats for a big game against their local rivals i cant see them getting that for a game against a team in the bottom tier of the juniors away from home

That's work started on Blackburn's 3G pitch, so not entirely sure where the Downfield game will be played at this moment.

Thought you were playing on the other pitch next to pavilion or is the perimeter fence not up and ready yet

Whitburn will be borrowing West Calder United's ground this week - Fife & Lothians Cup R2 game 'home' to Tranent.

Issues with getting the gas supply into the new pavilion at Central Park - they might have to replace the piping or convert to LPG.

Stoneyburn (first choice back-up venue) and Livingston United (where they played home last week) both have Home fixtures themselves, so it's Hermand Park that has come to the rescue this time.

Whitburn will be borrowing West Calder United's ground this week - Fife & Lothians Cup R2 game 'home' to Tranent.

Issues with getting the gas supply into the new pavilion at Central Park - they might have to replace the piping or convert to LPG.

Stoneyburn (first choice back-up venue) and Livingston United (where they played home last week) both have Home fixtures themselves, so it's Hermand Park that has come to the rescue this time.

We have Whitburn on October 24th, do you think it will be sorted by then?

We have Whitburn on October 24th, do you think it will be sorted by then?

All the best to Whitburn to overcome the last few hurdles a.s.a.p.

If still not quite done by then, note that Stoneyburn are Away that day, so presumably that would be the park where it would be played instead (Livingston United and West Calder United are both Home, ruling those out).

Archived