P&B Fantasy IDP Dynasty League

Dee4Life1893

attachicon.gifvote.JPG

Looks like macbeast and Mr Brightside are in.

As far as divisions go. I wouldn't be adverse to keeping it as 2 groups of 8. But I'm fine with our normal 4 x 4 as well.

I would actually suggest that we leave entry open and if we get another 4 people interested then go for 2 Leagues of 10.

As for the questions

Draft Time - Start sometime in June, not too fussed when.

Rosters - Full dynasty and 25 players per team. This will ensure that there is at least some decent players on the wire. If we go two leagues of ten then I would up this to 40 per team.

I would actually suggest that we leave entry open and if we get another 4 people interested then go for 2 Leagues of 10.

Not interested in doing any more than 16 teams, it's dull as dicks having to start guys who might not even score a point every week.

The reason I suggested 25 man rosters is so we dont end up crazy thin at any positions. With 30 man rosters it probably means we'll see guys like Jason Avant, Nick Toon and DeAnthony Thomas making teams on offence based on last years points scored (thats factoring in rookies too). Probably not starting but thats the kind of guys you'll have sitting at the bottom of the bench.

Defense is much deeper but I doubt anybody will be stocking up on that side of the ball too much since there's not a whole lot of difference after the top 100 players (20 points for the season between 101st and 200th).

Not interested in doing any more than 16 teams, it's dull as dicks having to start guys who might not even score a point every week.

The reason I suggested 25 man rosters is so we dont end up crazy thin at any positions. With 30 man rosters it probably means we'll see guys like Jason Avant, Nick Toon and DeAnthony Thomas making teams on offence based on last years points scored (thats factoring in rookies too). Probably not starting but thats the kind of guys you'll have sitting at the bottom of the bench.

Defense is much deeper but I doubt anybody will be stocking up on that side of the ball too much since there's not a whole lot of difference after the top 100 players (20 points for the season between 101st and 200th).

I am suggesting two separate leagues of 10, not a league of 20 with two divisions of 10. It would lead to an active and stocked waiver wire and it would take a lot less time for a poor team to recover.

In reference to the last few posts, IMO a dynasty league (which looks like the preference) should have very little to do with the waiver wire. Why should someone instantly enhance their team because they bid $2 more on Montee Ball or Juwan Thompson if CJ Anderson goes down? For me the person who had the faith to have these guys on their roster already should be rewarded.

This brings be to roster size. I was suggesting 30-35 to try and appease people who realistically thought 25 was an option in a dynasty league where you require 15 starters. My personal choice would be 50, but at least 40.

My roster in The League of Shadows is pretty good, but I don't have a lot of time for it due to the 15 man rosters. My P&B dynasty team is terrible, yet I look at it every day and have a strategy (you've all been warned). I'm sorry, for me dynasty is taking a punt on a player and sticking by them as long as you can without having to cut them to accomodate the starting RB for the Panthers this week till Stewart is back.

I'm pretty sure none of us have 15 like minded friends to start a dynasty league. This is why this forum is brilliant. I'd be astonished if there is another Scottish forum with this big an NFL community. Commit to the long haul. Yes, people will leave at times but there will always be replacements.

If we're gonna go some half arsed thing where if you're not winning and need instant waiver wire pick me ups then I'm not interested I'm afraid.

I'll put some polls up tomorrow.

In reference to the last few posts, IMO a dynasty league (which looks like the preference) should have very little to do with the waiver wire. Why should someone instantly enhance their team because they bid $2 more on Montee Ball or Juwan Thompson if CJ Anderson goes down? For me the person who had the faith to have these guys on their roster already should be rewarded.

This brings be to roster size. I was suggesting 30-35 to try and appease people who realistically thought 25 was an option in a dynasty league where you require 15 starters. My personal choice would be 50, but at least 40.

My roster in The League of Shadows is pretty good, but I don't have a lot of time for it due to the 15 man rosters. My P&B dynasty team is terrible, yet I look at it every day and have a strategy (you've all been warned). I'm sorry, for me dynasty is taking a punt on a player and sticking by them as long as you can without having to cut them to accomodate the starting RB for the Panthers this week till Stewart is back.

I'm pretty sure none of us have 15 like minded friends to start a dynasty league. This is why this forum is brilliant. I'd be astonished if there is another Scottish forum with this big an NFL community. Commit to the long haul. Yes, people will leave at times but there will always be replacements.

If we're gonna go some half arsed thing where if you're not winning and need instant waiver wire pick me ups then I'm not interested I'm afraid.

Well that shuts me the f**k up. I'm convinced. Well played Dee.

I am suggesting two separate leagues of 10, not a league of 20 with two divisions of 10. It would lead to an active and stocked waiver wire and it would take a lot less time for a poor team to recover.

Ahh ok I get you now. Misunderstanding.

Fair enough, I dont really feel differently in all honesty (I'm not in favour of rosters quite as big, but same principle stands). My issue is that we're going to be looking at this exact same conversation with yet another new league this time next year because nobody is happy with a 5 round rookie draft because it isnt deep enough.

Would deeper rosters but fewer keepers be a reasonable compromise? Maybe 35-40 man rosters but only 25-30 keepers?

Does not being able to keep everyone not negate the need for deeper rosters? For me dynasty is all about trying to spot sleepers and stashing them, I think that dynasty should be about only drafting rookies every year as it keeps it as close to the real experience as possible. If having a deep draft is the aim of the game then surely we would all just play redraft?

My P&B dynasty team is terrible, yet I look at it every day and have a strategy (you've all been warned). I'm sorry, for me dynasty is taking a punt on a player and sticking by them as long as you can without having to cut them to accomodate the starting RB for the Panthers this week till Stewart is back.

This is why I like the P&B Dynasty league. Knowing that there's practically nothing on the waiver wire, forcing you to use your depth or trade out of the situation. As with D4L, its the one I look at the most, trying to figure out what to do.

I'd be pretty happy with a similar size roster for the "normal" offensive players plus a bit of depth for the extra IDP positions; if that takes it to 40/45 then so be it

Does not being able to keep everyone not negate the need for deeper rosters? For me dynasty is all about trying to spot sleepers and stashing them, I think that dynasty should be about only drafting rookies every year as it keeps it as close to the real experience as possible. If having a deep draft is the aim of the game then surely we would all just play redraft?

Well no not really, why would it? It means you can stash players if you want to but theres still enough of a change around in the offseason to avoid this exact situation cropping up and having to start a new league every year

Well no not really, why would it? It means you can stash players if you want to but theres still enough of a change around in the offseason to avoid this exact situation cropping up and having to start a new league every year

Realistically if we had 40 man rosters then the tail end of that would be actual backups (in actual games) that you are stashing as you see something in them. If we are going to be keeping 25-30 then you realistically won't be able to keep a hold of these guys without giving up a lot of your depth that are getting actual game time. I don't know about anyone else but my reasoning for playing in this is I haven't done IDP before and fancied giving that a go. The fact that rookie drafts aren't too deep doesn't bother me. I reckon dynasty should be more of a slow burner where you have to strategically get your team from bad to good or the opposite by a series of good calls/risks rather than having a big turn around every season.

If people are only interested in drafting every year then there are redraft leagues.

I do like deep rosters for IDP leagues too. The amount of sleepers on that side of the ball is ridiculous. I have 10 LB's in one league (max 3 starters at the position) and I love it.

I haven't done a dynasty or an IDP so I'd quite like to try out something a different from the standard redraft. Definitely will need to up my research big time over the summer as well getting more familiar with defensive players.

In the draft, are the offensive and defensive players all in the one big draft together or is that done separately?

I haven't done a dynasty or an IDP so I'd quite like to try out something a different from the standard redraft. Definitely will need to up my research big time over the summer as well getting more familiar with defensive players.

In the draft, are the offensive and defensive players all in the one big draft together or is that done separately?

They are all together.There are ADP lists you can find to give you a guide. Obviously everyone will have their own value on certain players but it's a good starting point. I'm sure many of us will be in the same boat when it comes to ranking Defensive players.

JJ Watt seems to be a top 10 pick because he is so dominant compared to everyone else. After that there's only a few sprinkled here and there in the top 100.

Edited by Dee4Life1893