The mad competitive West Super Division One thread 2015-2016

glensmad

Well I cannot comment on your sources but from being in a position very close to it all our 'garden' is fine. We've been inconsistent and had a few poor results. As for being a sleeping giant, that's the same for a lot of clubs. We certainly have great people on the committee who do great work on the ground/park.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To say it was a red card is ludicrous as Imo it wast even a foul,but that's what its all about different views and didn't influence the game in anyway, would be interesting to know why u are surprised our manager is still in his job, can u bak it up? We didn't turn up in the first half yesterday, played the wrong starting 11 Imo, but that's what he gets paid for, if it had worked we would all have had to put our hands up and say good decisions from the management but it didn't, and u could see the difference in the team second Half when all 3 subs were made at half time, although one of the changes I thought was wrong, took p McBride off when it should have been someone else

We beat him in a game he should have been red carded in for the first time since he bottled it so yes get it up him and you for that matter

Docherty (a central midfielder) much better than him at the back so thank god he jumped ship :)

and u with your get it up you jibe, am sure we beat u at glencairn a few weeks ago, so jog on ya fud

I'm sure Kilsyth won 5 from 5 at the start of the season looking good for a promotion push. The wheels have fallen off a bit since then. They've went from potential promotion candidates to struggling to win.

I don't know enough about the club but if the team isn't performing or getting results then surely pressure must be on. Doesn't matter what club you're at.

Are you happy with how your teams been playing?

I dont think any manager/coaching staff/committee are happy if results aren't good but that's football for you. Yes, we had a great start but unfortunately have had a bumpy run, after some players left. I'm not going to explain any of that but the players that left had their own reasons. Good, bad or indifferent. The players that are left are working hard during the week but, like players everywhere else, have to perform on a game day. We'll be fine, hope to finish the season well and hope to kick on again next season.

as are u

By the way, in a follow-up to your wee jibe at our friendly result on Wednesday night, you'll be interested to know we made 11 changes to the team again from midweek, after resting the entire team on Wednesday night. I bet you're pleased we did that, eh ? ;-)

Monday night's fixtures :-

Blantyre Victoria (6th) v Clydebank (3rd)

Cumnock Juniors (4th) v Ardrossan Winton Rovers (12th)

Maybole Juniors (14th) v Kilwinning Rangers (2nd)

Rutherglen Glencairn (9th) v Bellshill Athletic (13th)

Shotts Bon Accord (10th) v Cumbernauld United (5th)

Yoker Athletic (11th) v Greenock Juniors (8th)

Your thoughts ?

By the way, in a follow-up to your wee jibe at our friendly result on Wednesday night, you'll be interested to know we made 11 changes to the team again from midweek, after resting the entire team on Wednesday night. I bet you're pleased we did that, eh ? ;-)

no not really, couldn't give a monkeys about glencairn or who you play or who u don't, so the answer is no, hence that's why all I said was "did they aye"

So there is the premise of my comment regarding the manager still being in a job when you've clearly stated that management/coaching staff/committee and I dare say players are not happy with what's going on. Results have been poor. Apparently performances have been poor. Players walking out for whatever reason.

I met a lad at the Celtic game today who was telling me one of the players subbed at half time just collected his gear and left immediately.

Anyway, no more from me about management. My post was merely to put my money's worth in with regards to the Doyle/Duffy chat. In my opinion, from what I've seen (which is not much), both are good honest junior players. I've seen bits and bobs on here claiming Duffy kicked a door and Doyle was mouthy to The Gangster. It's hardly headline news. Let the lads do their talking on the pitch. I'm sure both teams have the quality to stay up.

Special mention to the boy Duffy for the finish yesterday.

Special mention to the boy Duffy for the finish yesterday.

Agreed. I was on the covered terracing side, so it was only when I saw the video that I realised that he actually clipped it over the goalie. It was the finish of a guy full of confidence at the moment. Long may it continue.

Duffy is a great guy to have around the dressing roon when he's playing well. He started off great at Kilsyth then dipped in form, got sent off, banned for 3 games and that was his spell at Kilsyth over. If he keeps scoring you've got a cracking player but if his head goes down you'll have a passenger.

Relax Willie......... I mean Happy Chappy. It's the suits on the sideline that get him that name. I believe you. He's a nice guy. I'll make sure not to up set you..... I mean him 🙄. Couple of touchy characters hanging about this forum. 😎

Archived