The mad competitive West Super Division One thread 2015-2016

glensmad

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guess u saying it was just me then,cos i got plenty when i did it 4 a few seasons

You must have been really bad at it, lol. :) Mind you, I did watch the 'Lang club linesman at your friendly v Cumnock, he was rather enthusiastic in the first half, running up and down and flagging for offside etc. He was a little less lively in the second half, think he must have been feeling the pace, lol.

So it's not a problem having no official linos? I don't believe that.

Also, getting back to my original point, the fans I hear throwing vile abuse at linesman don't see them as being superfluous.

It's a lottery without linos, sometimes the calls are that tight even they have trouble. A thankless task for sure.

It's a lottery without linos, sometimes the calls are that tight even they have trouble. A thankless task for sure.

Unless the referee just decides to give offside for everything regardless of whether it's close or not, like he did in our match on Saturday.

Unless the referee just decides to give offside for everything regardless of whether it's close or not, like he did in our match on Saturday.

That's one way I suppose, that just annoys everyone though.

Another great 3 points on Saturday for us away at Cumnock, wasn't helped going down to 10 men in the first half with a ref who looked like he wanted to be centre of attention all afternoon, watching the game you wondered what team actually had the 10 men, great performance from the team

A brilliant late equaliser (81st minute) by Yoker sub Martin Hardie was the difference between 4th place and 10th place for Glencairn. Hardie was brought on as a sub when Yoker were awarded a free kick. He stepped onto the park and said "I'm taking this." He then proceeded to lift a dipping and swerving free kick into the top left hand corner. That's an entry. :thumsup2

Another chance gone for us, though, two draws in games we really should have won, but it's early days. We're defending well, the only goal we've conceded is Hardie's worldy, so when we start taking our chances at the other end we should be ok.

Saturday's fixtures :-

Ardrossan Winton Rovers (12th) v Cumnock Juniors (13th)

Blantyre Victoria (11th) v Yoker Athletic (4th)

Clydebank (1st) v Bellshill Athletic (9th)

Cumbernauld United (14th) v Rutherglen Glencairn (10th)

Greenock Juniors (6th) v Maybole Juniors (5th)

Kilsyth Rangers (2nd) v Shotts Bon Accord (7th)

Largs Thistle (3rd) v Kilwinning Rangers (8th)

Your thoughts ?

Saturday's fixtures :-

Ardrossan Winton Rovers (12th) v Cumnock Juniors (13th)

Blantyre Victoria (11th) v Yoker Athletic (4th)

Clydebank (1st) v Bellshill Athletic (9th)

Cumbernauld United (14th) v Rutherglen Glencairn (10th)

Greenock Juniors (6th) v Maybole Juniors (5th)

Kilsyth Rangers (2nd) v Shotts Bon Accord (7th)

Largs Thistle (3rd) v Kilwinning Rangers (8th)

Your thoughts ?

Draw

Yoker

Clydebank

Glens

Draw

Draw

Buffs

Archived