The best place to stream music

Anodyne

On 19/04/2019 at 17:44, Raithie said:

Loved my ipod classic before it broke and would never have entertained streaming but that seems to be my way of listening to music these days. 

I still use my iPod classic and probably will keep using it until it dies. A great device that sadly is no longer in production. I have quite a large collection of CDs and it's handy having them all on a little device that fits in your pocket.

There are a few similar devices made by companies like Fiio that get good reviews, but when my iPod dies I'll probably just move onto streaming for convenience.

On ‎26‎/‎08‎/‎2019 at 15:57, Leonard Cohen said:

I still use my iPod classic and probably will keep using it until it dies. A great device that sadly is no longer in production. I have quite a large collection of CDs and it's handy having them all on a little device that fits in your pocket.

There are a few similar devices made by companies like Fiio that get good reviews, but when my iPod dies I'll probably just move onto streaming for convenience.

Yeah I was the same. I had a hard drive full of mp3s, and my itunes was set up with hunners of playlists.  Then the f*cking hard drive went kaput and although managed to save the majority of the mp3s I lost all the playlists.  So, moved onto Spotify and haven't really looked back.   I still buy LPS and I collect 7" vinyl(mostly 1960s garage and psych) but never buy cds anymore.

Still feel a bit 'sore' about the whole cd thing. I was one of those folk in the 90s who spent the majority of their wages on cds. Thousands of them. I'd buy all the music mags and buy anything that sounded good in the reviews section(even though most of it turned out sh*te). Also used to buy all my singles CD1 and CD2 so I didnt msis out that all important Fatboy Slim remix.   Few years ago i was mega skint so listed a load on Music magpie. It was heartbreaking seeing cds I bought for £15 from Tower Records go for £2(and that was a good price).   Still got quite a few up the loft but wouldn't bother buying any now.  Well I say that, I do buy the odd one at live gigs but inevitably it sits unlistened.

• 6 months later...

As for the streaming music services, I would like to listen to music with Tidal due to its high audio quality. But there is one thing that annoy me. It is that the downloaded Tidal music couldn't be played on other devices. To fix this issue, I use an Audio Capture software to convert the music to common audio files and then I could listen to them anywhere.

• 7 months later...
On 30/08/2019 at 14:20, fuzzydunlop said:

Yeah I was the same. I had a hard drive full of mp3s, and my itunes was set up with hunners of playlists.  Then the f*cking hard drive went kaput and although managed to save the majority of the mp3s I lost all the playlists.  So, moved onto Spotify and haven't really looked back.   I still buy LPS and I collect 7" vinyl(mostly 1960s garage and psych) but never buy cds anymore.

Still feel a bit 'sore' about the whole cd thing. I was one of those folk in the 90s who spent the majority of their wages on cds. Thousands of them. I'd buy all the music mags and buy anything that sounded good in the reviews section(even though most of it turned out sh*te). Also used to buy all my singles CD1 and CD2 so I didnt msis out that all important Fatboy Slim remix.   Few years ago i was mega skint so listed a load on Music magpie. It was heartbreaking seeing cds I bought for £15 from Tower Records go for £2(and that was a good price).   Still got quite a few up the loft but wouldn't bother buying any now.  Well I say that, I do buy the odd one at live gigs but inevitably it sits unlistened.

Back in 90s I'd  think nothing of spending £15 on CD on the strength of a good review in a magazine or even because the cover looked cool. I ended up selling most of them at Grouchos when I was skint.

These days I grudge paying more than a fiver for a digital download.

• 11 months later...