St Johnstone in Europe 2015/16

Steve McQueen

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Trip to the passport office tomorrow for an express passport renewal! Hopefully it well lake me to the far reaches of Europe ( or at least the third round ;)

I sent mine off two weeks ago and got the passport back within six days.

Mine took about 8 days.

Airbus are playing their European ties at Bangor this season

http://www.bangorcit...opa-league-ties

This would be even worse for Saints than Bala Town - the Bangor City ground only has "over 1000" seats. Last season the Airbus home crowd for their Europa game (also played at Bangor) was over 500. if repeated, this would leave a max of c 450 for Saints supporters (once the VIPs, UEFA hangers-on, media etc are given seats).

Drawing Newtown AFC would be worse still - they have even fewer seats.

This would be even worse for Saints than Bala Town - the Bangor City ground only has "over 1000" seats. Last season the Airbus home crowd for their Europa game (also played at Bangor) was over 500. if repeated, this would leave a max of c 450 for Saints supporters (once the VIPs, UEFA hangers-on, media etc are given seats).

Drawing Newtown AFC would be worse still - they have even fewer seats.

It doesn't matter. We'll probably be away to somewhere in Kazakhstan knowing our luck.

I wonder if the support will be diluted in the first and second round. It's possible we could be back to back away trips and with a potential glamour trip in round 2 will people spend a fortune going to say Norway in round 1 when 7 days later we could be at West Ham etc

I wonder if the support will be diluted in the first and second round. It's possible we could be back to back away trips and with a potential glamour trip in round 2 will people spend a fortune going to say Norway in round 1 when 7 days later we could be at West Ham etc

You are absolutely right and as I have said before in threads like this (probably more than once, given that we are European regulars ^_^) it is really disgraceful that UEFA delays the draw for so long - it could have been held on 14 June, all the qualifying clubs were known by then and it would have given clubs and supporters a lot more time to plan their journeys.

Reminiscing upon our Europa League campaign last season, I was interested to learn from the official UEFA site that our goalscorer against both Luzern and Spartak Trnava was not who I'd remembered it to be.

http://www.uefa.com/...2454/index.html

I must have had a rush of blood to the head.

The most amazing bit about that is UEFA actually getting our name right instead of their usual Saint Johnstone nonsense.

Feel like a kid on Xmas eve, roll on the draw tomorrow! Can understand why so many want a short trip to Waes or Ireland but Europe is all about going overseas with your club to weird and wonderful places, places you wouldn't normally visit!

Archived