Rangers Transfer Thread - 2015/16

A fair amount of seethe on Twitter from Wigan fans who feel he could be a key player for them.

£200k for a promising young centre back with good experience in the English Championship?

tumblr_inline_npoujcwtRd1rydd6z_500.gif

He and Wilson could form a good partnership if we get both.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

John Hartson failed numerous medicals with a few prominent clubs before joining Celtic. He proved to be a fantastic signing.

John Hartson failed numerous medicals with a few prominent clubs before joining Celtic. He proved to be a fantastic signing.

I read an article written by Hartson on Follow Follow earlier. The thread is something like....'Fergies biggest mistake'...One of the most cringeworthy articles I have ever read. I honestly thought it was a spoof but I am told it is genuine

On another subject as much as I think Darren McGregor was our best defender last season, I dont think he is the quality of where we want to be.

I don't expect him to still be at the club in 2 years time.

With a bit of work and playing besides better players I reckon McGregor could improve a fair bit, can't have been easy playing in our defence.

Rob Kiernan

2008–2011 Watford 2 (0)

2010 → Kilmarnock (loan) 4 (0)
2010 → Yeovil Town (loan) 3 (0)
2010–2011 → Bradford City (loan) 8 (0)
2011 → Wycombe Wanderers (loan) 2 (0)
2011– Wigan Athletic 29 (1)
2012 → Accrington Stanley (loan) 3 (0)
2012 → Burton Albion (loan) 6 (0)
2012–2013 → Brentford (loan) 8 (0)
2013 → Southend United (loan) 12 (0)
2015 → Birmingham City (loan)

I know hes a defender and I've heard of him from his time at Killie, but is he any good?

my initial reaction to hearing rangers were paying money for him was rofl, but then I remembered liam fontaine was equally shite when he was on loan with us, so he might do a job in the championship ok

He never failed it, BCFC were just unhappy with aspects of the medical results and opted not to sign him.

I think it's because he was suffering from "rangersitis" with a bad case of "battle fever".

Whatever way you look at it, he's failed his medical.

:lol:

Dud.

"He is accelerating his development process and I have been very impressed with the manner that he’s developed.

I hope Brentford can take advantage of the talented young man that Rob can be. He is one of our young players who has an incredible potential.

Rob is a terrific example to other youngsters at Wigan and he can be as good as he wants to be.

He is a captain, a leader – one of those rare members of that breed of players who are talkers and communicators. I am very excited about his future."

-Roberto Martinez

The guy sounds like a useless waster.

Archived