Rangers Transfer Thread - 2015/16

So what are your views on our signing of Wilson and Kiernan? A decent pair of centrebacks? How will they work with Wallace and McGregor?

What next? We look light in the midfield. Opinions?

Wilson is poor I think he is too easy ragdolled and his positioning is poor. Distribution not great either. I think you will grow to hate him. (in a fooballing sense)

Kiernan is an unknown quantity that seem to have not impressed enough anywhere he's been to make a permanent stay, Warburton has signed him because he had a hand in his development and possibly because he's under estimated the level of the Championship. I think he's a replacement for Ki Naismith or Ross Perry, a young back up player on not much money that might make it.

In midfield you need a holding play and organiser, Eustance might give you that but again I think Warburton is underestimating the Championship. Looking at it strictly on paper, you could not say they are better player than the ones going out the door. Although the players leaving all massively under achieved.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In midfield you need a holding play and organiser, Eustance might give you that but again I think Warburton is underestimating the Championship. Looking at it strictly on paper, you could not say they are better player than the ones going out the door. Although the players leaving all massively under achieved.

First point? For sure we do. This was meant to be Ian Black's role but he blew it.

Second point? I suspect The Loaf Warbs Warby our new manager is underestimating the amount of time players will have on the ball. The coming season will be just as brutal as the last one and no prisoners will be taken.

Wilson and kiernan are welcome additions over mcculloch and moshni...working with davie weir will hopefully improve them, eustace seems to be rated by Warburton and so on this one we have to trust him, what's worrying me is the striking situation at present, I really hope Warburton has someone in mind as we can't have another season with the current forwards.....

Wilson and kiernan are welcome additions over mcculloch and moshni...working with davie weir will hopefully improve them, eustace seems to be rated by Warburton and so on this one we have to trust him, what's worrying me is the striking situation at present, I really hope Warburton has someone in mind as we can't have another season with the current forwards.....

Is Nicky Clark a non-starter? He obviously did a turn for Queens but was shite last season.

Really wanted Clark to do well,but the lads just not good enough,never though I'd see a striker with a worst first touch than Kenny miller...always seems to either stumble on the ball or run out of play with it..Or hit a weak shot usually off target.....needs to stop running about like a headless chicken and concentrate on putting the ball in the back of the net....

Clark is a trier but for me he is simply not good enough, I really wanted him to do well, we definitely need a decent striker.

I have to agree with Tedi on this one. The lad gives his all and that is all you can ask and with the amount of chances we create you would hope that would be enough but he simply isn't good enough.

Hardie and Gallagher are decent enough prospects but I am not convinced either have long term futures ar Ibrox.

With the amount of rumours flying around they are obviously looking at Stevie May. He would be a great signing but we would still need one more. I am sure they will realise this themselves. Hopefully get two in over the next week or so.

Is Nicky Clark a non-starter? He obviously did a turn for Queens but was shite last season.

Clark did a turn for us during one season in the third tier when we were the only full-time side and were by a mile, the best one, creating tons of chances, some of which he took. His previous time with us was poor.

Signing him for the third tier campaign made some sense, but I'm not especially surprised that he's proving not good enough, one level up.

It sounds ridiculous, but even during his 41 goal season, his finishing wasn't great.

Clark is a trier but for me he is simply not good enough, I really wanted him to do well, we definitely need a decent striker.

Not trying to be funny, but you do realize that your clumpany is flat broke and that all your Season Ticket money (which is just about your only source of income) has just been spent on last season's debt? Where the hell are you going to get the money for anyone decent?

I am still hopeful Clark and Gallagher can go on to have greats careers at Rangers. Gallagher should never have been loaned to Cowdenbeath but he did very well there so maybe it wasn't such a bad thing in the end. And he still had the benefit of training at Auchenhowie with the Rangers team as Cowdenbeath weren't full time. He wasn't really given a chance to play when he returned though which is disappointing.

Clark? well, he never had much to go on last season other than trying to feed off scraps. The service to all strikers in fact was poor. Hopefully that problem can be solved this season and Clark can score more goals. I'm sure he'll get plenty of opportunities to prove he has what it takes to be a success at Rangers.

Do you sit by your computer all day pressing the refresh button on "Rangers in the championship" :lol:

No, but anti-Rangers fans such as yourself do. :)

Not trying to be funny, but you do realize that your clumpany is flat broke and that all your Season Ticket money (which is just about your only source of income) has just been spent on last season's debt? Where the hell are you going to get the money for anyone decent?

Source? Angela or Phil?

Wow, I fell for that one... not. You're meant to change the link so the subject isn't in it.

For example http://tinyurl.com/m2vg8zn

no source, just counting up the announced debts and working out the income from 30k season books or thereabouts. If the clumpany has the money then there's nothing for you to be worried about :thumsup2

And I'm not worried.

Archived