West 2nd Division 2015/16

Gartcairn Army

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't want to be too critical of the lads, as Cairn were worthy winners. Second half was the best I've seen them play and yesterday was the 5th time.

First half was evens, Newmains play was more fragmented than the visitors, but the goal gave them the edge in my book.

Cairn bossed the half virtually from start to finish, leaving Newmains to try and counter on the break. Final pass from Newmains was poor, or a weak shot was all to show for the effort.

Penalties? I never saw one, never mind two.

Still in a decent place, but need a big push from everyone. 45 minutes is only half time.

Anybody know what's happened to Lanark recently.

Started brilliantly and looked nailed on for title but now their in a wee bit of free fall.

If they don't start picking up results soon they may struggle to get promoted or am I over reacting a little.

Don't want to be too critical of the lads, as Cairn were worthy winners. Second half was the best I've seen them play and yesterday was the 5th time.

First half was evens, Newmains play was more fragmented than the visitors, but the goal gave them the edge in my book.

Cairn bossed the half virtually from start to finish, leaving Newmains to try and counter on the break. Final pass from Newmains was poor, or a weak shot was all to show for the effort.

Penalties? I never saw one, never mind two.

Still in a decent place, but need a big push from everyone. 45 minutes is only half time.

So, what about the sideshow you alluded to?

Anybody know what's happened to Lanark recently.

Started brilliantly and looked nailed on for title but now their in a wee bit of free fall.

If they don't start picking up results soon they may struggle to get promoted or am I over reacting a little.

No idea but, it is not recent. Goes back to November.

Goals have been our problem and defence has been our strength. You go 3 up by HT, don't think it is unreasonable for a promotion chasing team to see that out.

Only the players or the management can say.

Wishayman first penalty was as clear as day. He had 2 hands in the air and it hit his left one. I agree the second was a bit soft but big kendo was getting pushed around a lot more than he should be lol

Not for me big guy, he jumped, turning as he did so, similar to that shocker on TV last week. No penalty. We can agree on you deserved the points.

Lanark have gone from being unbeaten in the league with one of the best defensive

records in any of the West divisions to trying to avoid a fourth loss in succession today at Perthshire who have overtaken us and are now in 2nd place.

Should be interesting.

Lanark have gone from being unbeaten in the league with one of the best defensive

records in any of the West divisions to trying to avoid a fourth loss in succession today at Perthshire who have overtaken us and are now in 2nd place.

Should be interesting.

I got my Perthshire and Pt Glasgow mixed up btw! They are 5th but only pts behind us

Ashfield v Royal Albert 3-1

Vale of Leven v Benburb 2-0

Perthshire v Lanark 1-2

Gartcairn v Wanderers 3-1

East Kilbride v Cambuslang 2-4

Newmains v Port Glasgow 1-1

Some important fixtures as usual in the division, hope the Wanderers can steal a point against the galacticos of Gartcairn but not to confident.

Archived