West 2nd Division 2015/16

Gartcairn Army

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lanark didn't go up because like the other teams outside the top 3 they weren't good enough, you don't have to be a rocket scientist to work that one out

Roll over Gary Neville. With insights like that, you could be looking at Sky next season!

Cambuslang won 13 and drew 1. Lanark won 9 and drew 6. There is not one of us at Lanark saying we deserved to go up with form like that.

The league table doesn't lie so congratulations to those promoted.

Those who just missed out can be assured that, despite having nothing to play for, Lanark ran Benburb and Cambuslang very close in their last two games. Wins in either or both games were quite conceivable based upon their performances.

Cambuslang scored in the 83rd minute today. I thought Lanark were the better team throughout. Both sides missed gilt edged chances to score.

A good, competitive game to round off our season played on a wonderful surface.

Not sure if your 'Lanark were the better team throughout' claim is a wind up or not , but hey ho , it's all about opinions.

Roll over Gary Neville. With insights like that, you could be looking at Sky next season!

Cambuslang won 13 and drew 1. Lanark won 9 and drew 6. There is not one of us at Lanark saying we deserved to go up with form like that.

It's more than you'll ever get to do then with your one sided views on junior football, maybe next season you'll be promoted, if you're good enough that is

Lanark didn't go up because like the other teams outside the top 3 they weren't good enough, you don't have to be a rocket scientist to work that one out

no shit sherlock😂. I was merely saying that at the turn of the year they were, in most people's eyes, a certainty for the title. We're they not 9 points clear at one stage. And as short as 6/4 with bookies.

no shit shelock😂. I was merely saying that at the turn of the year they were, in most people's eyes, a certainty for the title. We're they not 9 points clear at one stage. And as short as 6/4 with bookies.

I watched them in a cup game and was standing with their officials, when I asked them what their chances of promotion was they told me that they'd win the league. Just shows you it's better to keep those thoughts to yourself in case they come back to haunt you 😂

Next season Central Division 2 is gonna be a belter.

Could have

Dunipace

St Anthony's

Carluke / Vale of Clyde

Lanark

Port Glasgow

East Kilbride

Glasgow Perthshire

Gartcairn

Newmains

Royal Albert

Vale of Leven

Ashfield

East Kilbride, Gartcairn, Port Glasgow and Lanark will all be looking to kick on from last year.

Can Perthshire, Newmains, VOL, Ashfield, Albert improve and challenge.

And how good/prepared will the relegated teams be for their season in Div 2 ..... Intriguing league again next year.

Not sure if your 'Lanark were the better team throughout' claim is a wind up or not , but hey ho , it's all about opinions.

I'd have made a better job of it than that if I was seeking to wind anyone up. It is just my opinion. I'm not claiming we were hard done by.

At the end of the day, it doesn't matter as you scored, we didn't and you took the three points you needed to gain promotion which you deserve, having won 13 matches.

It's more than you'll ever get to do then with your one sided views on junior football, maybe next season you'll be promoted, if you're good enough that is

You'd be wasted on SKY.

I watched them in a cup game and was standing with their officials, when I asked them what their chances of promotion was they told me that they'd win the league. Just shows you it's better to keep those thoughts to yourself in case they come back to haunt you

If you'd asked any of the Lanark fans, you would not have got that response. We'd have predicted exactly what has transpired, through years of experience.

BTW - you asked them their opinion and they gave it. Now you are criticising them!

If you'd asked any of the Lanark fans, you would not have got that response. We'd have predicted exactly what has transpired, through years of experience.

BTW - you asked them their opinion and they gave it. Now you are criticising them!

I'm not criticising them in any way, all I said was sometimes it's better to say nothing in case it comes back to bite you which in their case it did. They were adamant that they not only get promotion but would win the league.

Good luck to your team next season, it'll be a harder league to get out of with the quality of teams that'll be in it

I'd have made a better job of it than that if I was seeking to wind anyone up. It is just my opinion. I'm not claiming we were hard done by.

At the end of the day, it doesn't matter as you scored, we didn't and you took the three points you needed to gain promotion which you deserve, having won 13 matches.

Cambuslang were given 3 games in 6 days while Lanark had a whole week off , so credit to Cambuslang for clinching promotion with a never say die performance & scoring a late goal to win the game.

Scott Robertson's face at full time was a sight to behold.

Cambuslang were given 3 games in 6 days while Lanark had a whole week off , so credit to Cambuslang for clinching promotion with a never say die performance & scoring a late goal to win the game.

what team was he supporting,oh i forgot he's neutral!

Pmsl 😂😂😂😂

The only game we were "given" off was at Easter when, I believe it is permissible to seek permission to not play. Rule is there for everyone to take advantage of.

I'm not criticising them in any way, all I said was sometimes it's better to say nothing in case it comes back to bite you which in their case it did. They were adamant that they not only get promotion but would win the league.

Good luck to your team next season, it'll be a harder league to get out of with the quality of teams that'll be in it

On this we agree.

Archived