Activate Windows

That was my hope that it would return to the way I got it on the first day. The problem with being unable to access the "Activate Windows" screen is still there.

I bought the Pc from Pc World and signed up to there support system thing. I'm sure the receipt is still somewhere. Anyone have any suggestions as to if it's them that I should contact or microsoft? If it's the later how would I go about that.

I'd take it back to PC World and let them sort it out. Your support thing will be on their computer.

I might give this a go. I've got to redownload some stuff so that so I can get my podcasts and stuff done for work tomorrow and don't want to keep footering about until that's out of the way. Thanks.

I'd take it back to PC World and let them sort it out. Your support thing will be on their computer.

I found my receipt that included the support contact number and all that on it. So that's probably what i'm going to do tomorrow. Thanks.

^^^^^^^^^ this should only be done as a last resort if all else fails, PC World are legendary for their (lack of) customer support.

^^^^^^^^^ this should only be done as a last resort if all else fails, PC World are legendary for their (lack of) customer support.

Well I work nightshift. So i'm going to be up all night to get in the sleeping pattern for the week. Once i've got Game of Thrones watched, i'll try what is suggested in the video.

EDITED: For an Update.

I wasn't able to complete the video instructions as some parts were missing. Got around to calling the KnowHow number this morning. They messed about with it for a while doing the remote control thing. In the end they had me do a "recovery/reboot/reinstall" through HP (my brand of PC) rather than through windows. So that got me back to factory settings & so far so good.

Just wanted to thank everyone again for all your suggestions. It was greatly appreciated.

Archived