The Greenock Morton Thread - It's Better Than Yours

A: Because our clown-car board agreed with the world's most stupid suggestion by Queen of the South, to play our Boxing Day fixture on an international weekend in October instead. Without consulting of course any, never mind a fair reflection of the fanbase, many of whom couldn't actually make the rearranged fixture. Nor could our key centre-back, and so we surrendered three points as well.

But still, the commercial staff and the tea lady aren't going to be convenienced at this time of year, which is what apparently matters to a professional football club.

A: Because our clown-car board agreed with the world's most stupid suggestion by Queen of the South, to play our Boxing Day fixture on an international weekend in October instead. Without consulting of course any, never mind a fair reflection of the fanbase, many of whom couldn't actually make the rearranged fixture. Nor could our key centre-back, and so we surrendered three points as well.

But still, the commercial staff and the tea lady aren't going to be convenienced at this time of year, which is what apparently matters to a professional football club.

Tsk tsk, the manchild has obviously been indulging his bulk discount at Hyperbole R Us again.

What a pointless, venal,, nonsensical diatribe. Just as well we DIDNT win that game or he'd be hard-pushed to keep his P&B daily drivel count up.

Tsk tsk, the manchild has obviously been indulging his bulk discount at Hyperbole R Us again.

What a pointless, venal,, nonsensical diatribe. Just as well we DIDNT win that game or he'd be hard-pushed to keep his P&B daily drivel count up.

Mentally unhinged; didn't read.

Inconvenienced?

How dare they move the fixture to enable the players to have a break abroad and leave you with a whole fortnight with nothing to whinge and bitch about. Still it will leave you a bit more time to post those tediously turgid reports on Slovakian football on the Morton Forum. Might make them a bit more interesting if you posted them in Slovak.

How dare they move the fixture to enable the players to have a break abroad and leave you with a whole fortnight with nothing to whinge and bitch about. Still it will leave you a bit more time to post those tediously turgid reports on Slovakian football on the Morton Forum. Might make them a bit more interesting if you posted them in Slovak.

I'm disappointed the rest of Scottish football fans have a game to go to on Boxing Day and we don't. Always enjoy a game on Boxing Day. It also landed us with a ridiculous number of away matches in our first 10 games or so and we therefore sacrificed our best defender for the game.

I'm disappointed the rest of Scottish football fans have a game to go to on Boxing Day and we don't. Always enjoy a game on Boxing Day. It also landed us with a ridiculous number of away matches in our first 10 games or so and we therefore sacrificed our best defender for the game.

Yes I cam see that. At the end of the day there are 36 games whenever they are played. I was able to go to the re-arranged game but would not have gone to Dumfries on Boxing Day. I know that not everyone feels the same but there is a bit behind the clubs decision than VT ascribes. 6 days after a draw at Ibrox less than 1300 turn up for a home match before a 14 day break would suggest our fans are pretty fickle to say the least.

Yes I cam see that. At the end of the day there are 36 games whenever they are played. I was able to go to the re-arranged game but would not have gone to Dumfries on Boxing Day. I know that not everyone feels the same but there is a bit behind the clubs decision than VT ascribes. 6 days after a draw at Ibrox less than 1300 turn up for a home match before a 14 day break would suggest our fans are pretty fickle to say the least.

There is nothing behind the club's decision whatsoever. Evidence fully points to a drop of attendances in the weeks leading up to Christmas - shifting a game to TV on the last Friday before Christmas, as everyone not loaning brain cells like yourself already knew, simply enhanced this trend and says nothing at all about the 'fickleness' of the fanbase whatsoever. In contrast, there is not a jot of evidence to show that attendances are impacted by playing on Boxing Day - rather, the opposite is the case. Which is why playing on Boxing Day continues to be the norm across the British Isles, because competent clubs don't look such an obvious gift horse in the mouth.

Swing and a miss.

If the players want a break abroad in winter then they should find another profession. 41 of Scotland's 42 clubs will be staying at home, 40 of which will be playing as is customary within days of Christmas, arranged for TV. So no, I think you'll find that 'players' jollies' are, correctly, held at the bottom of the pile of interests at any competently run football club when arranging fixtures. And in addition, the idea that the players were even consulted on this decision is a claim without any basis in fact.

Safe to say that I really couldn't care less about posting critiques from a time-honoured Walter Mitty, whose only, brief slitherings from under his rock on the Morton forum now lead to instant humiliation.

Thanks for playing anyway champ.

There is nothing behind the club's decision whatsoever. Evidence fully points to a drop of attendances in the weeks leading up to Christmas - shifting a game to TV on the last Friday before Christmas, as everyone not loaning brain cells like yourself already knew, simply enhanced this trend and says nothing at all about the 'fickleness' of the fanbase whatsoever. In contrast, there is not a jot of evidence to show that attendances are impacted by playing on Boxing Day - rather, the opposite is the case. Which is why playing on Boxing Day continues to be the norm across the British Isles, because competent clubs don't look such an obvious gift horse in the mouth.

Swing and a miss.

If the players want a break abroad in winter then they should find another profession. 41 of Scotland's 42 clubs will be staying at home, 40 of which will be playing as is customary within days of Christmas, arranged for TV. So no, I think you'll find that 'players' jollies' are, correctly, held at the bottom of the pile of interests at any competently run football club when arranging fixtures. And in addition, the idea that the players were even consulted on this decision is a claim without any basis in fact.

Safe to say that I really couldn't care less about posting critiques from a time-honoured Walter Mitty, whose only, brief slitherings from under his rock on the Morton forum now lead to instant humiliation.

Thanks for playing anyway champ.

You love that "thanks for playing" patter dont you?