The Greenock Morton Thread - It's Better Than Yours

24 minutes ago, Claudia Gentile said:

Would be happy with that. He impressed me in the game at Cappielow at the end of the season. Young and raw but loads of potential.

Another fullback, centre back, midfielder and striker to come please Dougie.

Edited by Mr.Blue

Oft. 

On corr, he's raw, but with regular games should develop well. Got a good turn of pace. Has a mistake in him but I could see him going on to being decent at this level. I'm not remotely bothered we didn't re-sign him though. 

15 minutes ago, grumswall said:

Oft. 

On corr, he's raw, but with regular games should develop well. Got a good turn of pace. Has a mistake in him but I could see him going on to being decent at this level. I'm not remotely bothered we didn't re-sign him though. 

Ots almost as if he gave '12 years' to the club through the goodness of his heart. 

1 minute ago, Mr.Blue said:

Ots almost as if he gave '12 years' to the club through the goodness of his heart. 

What actually happened with him last summer? I was under the impression he was whoring himself about and was training with killie?

It's always a good laugh when family members of players get speaking on x/Twitter. Speaking of corr... 

15 minutes ago, Mr.Blue said:

Let’s not forget that if a club had been willing to pay the development fee required he’d have left a couple of years ago. 

I do find it bizarre that he’s rated as a good Championship player by just about everyone other than actual clubs besides Morton. Is there something there that puts managers off signing him? 

Just now, D'Jaffo said:

Let’s not forget that if a club had been willing to pay the development fee required he’d have left a couple of years ago. 

I do find it bizarre that he’s rated as a good Championship player by just about everyone other than actual clubs besides Morton. Is there something there that puts managers off signing him? 

He'd picked up injuries at right bad times from his perspective. Out from Jan a couple of seasons back and out from March last season which can't have helped his chances of getting deals elsewhere.

I don't think Dougie and him get on that well, unsure why right enough.

Good player but we move on. Confident Dougie will have a decent replacement in mind.

Shrewd signing by Imrie if Corr signs.

A majority of our fans were voicing that he should have got game time well before he did. Picked up a broken toe in pre-season which didn’t help.

I like him and so do our club as he was offered a deal. Strong, quick and can play. Can only improve at his age and I’d back him to have a good career.

Morton going under the radar with some nice pickups in the market after losing the ‘high profile’ players.

1 hour ago, grumswall said:

What actually happened with him last summer? I was under the impression he was whoring himself about and was training with killie?

He got injured in January 2023, his contract expired and he left in May 2023.

He was still doing rehab work until late October so doubtful he was ready and available to sign for anyone last summer.

He only went into Killie in Novemver and it was training facilities only, he was never in with the chance of a deal there. He then rejoined Morton in December when Callum Waters got injured.

9 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

He does have a poor injury record. Very good player when fit but our CEO made the point recently that we want players who can play and not be sitting in the stands. I took that as directed at strapp and quitongo although could be wrong.

It's also clear that strapp and imrie don't get on. 

I do find it unusual that we hold him in such high regard and although some fans of other teams agree managers and boards dont.

11 hours ago, grumswall said:

Oft. 

It's funny how some of the replies thinks it someone related to O'Connor 😂

11 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Perhaps it's the idea of his maw and assorted coterie of weirdo hangers-on sticking their oar into club business every two minutes.  

I find it difficult to square the great contribution Strapp made on the park most of the time with this neverending circus off the park. Ultimately, that's something that the player has some responsibility for too.

Right now I'd be happy for him to stay in Finland for the rest of his career - it's a very good option - but only on the proviso that a convict ship also packs off the Dunoon branch to follow their player instead of a professional football club. Glad this saga is at an end. 

2 hours ago, virginton said:

Perhaps it's the idea of his maw and assorted coterie of weirdo hangers-on sticking their oar into club business every two minutes.  

I find it difficult to square the great contribution Strapp made on the park most of the time with this neverending circus off the park. Ultimately, that's something that the player has some responsibility for too.

Right now I'd be happy for him to stay in Finland for the rest of his career - it's a very good option - but only on the proviso that a convict ship also packs off the Dunoon branch to follow their player instead of a professional football club. Glad this saga is at an end. 

A bit harsh , however the saga is over for the moment. Maybe when he has fin(n)ished his contract over there he will return.

Edited by Mr Toon
My content wasn't included

Strapp move makes more sense if only till end of their season.

And he won’t be the first or last to be embarrassed by his maw…

More important, Imrie really is getting it done with the new signings; looks like we’re going out-and-out 4-2-3-1.

Ricki Lamie, Grimshaw on loan, a left-back and a sneaky wee loan striker…and rumours of our demise will turn out to have been somewhat exaggerated…

Aye seen a guy saying he's refusing to renew his season ticket because of it, ridiculous.

We've no idea what he was offered to help us out in Dec and no idea how big the reduction was. There's also no guarantee if we offered the same money he would have signed anyway, always sensed he was looking to move away over the last year or two.

He's away, move on. Every confidence Dougie will find an able replacement. Robson from QP would be a decent oprtion.

The guy refusing to buy a season ticket should focus on the 6 good signings we've made/about to make over the last week or so on top of Reynolds and Davies. 

We are only a couple of signings away from having a very competitive team.

3 hours ago, Mr Toon said:

A bit harsh , however the saga is over for the moment. Maybe when he has fin(n)ished his contract over there he will return.

Harsh on whom? I've no issue at all with Strapp's efforts or level of performance in a Morton jersey, but he can't be magically detached from this *repeated* nonsense surrounding his rightful status at the club. It is damaging and has been damaging for the past 18 months at least. 

A sensible, nearly 25 year old adult now - or at very least his agent - tells their mates and their maw in the kindest possible manner to wind their neck in. 

21 minutes ago, madton said:

Aye seen a guy saying he's refusing to renew his season ticket because of it, ridiculous.

We've no idea what he was offered to help us out in Dec and no idea how big the reduction was. There's also no guarantee if we offered the same money he would have signed anyway, always sensed he was looking to move away over the last year or two.

He's away, move on. Every confidence Dougie will find an able replacement. Robson from QP would be a decent oprtion.

The guy refusing to buy a season ticket should focus on the 6 good signings we've made/about to make over the last week or so on top of Reynolds and Davies. 

We are only a couple of signings away from having a very competitive team.

Yeah a bit OTT