Scott Allan

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Scenes of utter humiliation for sevco if he ends up at Rotherham now.

Not really as Hibs need to keep the player way more than Rangers need to sign the player.

So not only will our opposition be weakened, but they'll also be rather embarrassed for insisting the player wasn't for sale.

Either way it's Hibs that lose out on the player, Allan leaving weakens their team, not ours?

Will we ever find out what Warburton's motive is. Could it be that he does rate Allan but can only afford 250/300k however if he doesn't get him, it has started a transfer move. If Allan goes and I believe there are other clubs interested it will weaken Hibs. McGinn is potentially a good signing but most would certainly select Allan first. I still don't think Hibs will sell to Rangers and apart from Rangers whoever comes in for him Allan as a player will decide.

Any situation where Scott Allan leaves Hibs is magnificent for Rangers, amazing that people are struggling with this simple concept.

Or they get £400k to improve their squad for a player who is maybe worth half that.

Take a look at the Hibs team in 2006 and the rotten Old Firm teams that won the next few titles.

Hibs had a cracking team but I hope you enjoy your big empty stand and players who Dinnae want to be there.

A bit like us really on a smaller scale.

Or they get £400k to improve their squad for a player who is maybe worth half that.

Good point. He is worth more than that but agreed he is in his last contract year. I took a bit of slagging for one of my last weeks post I'm sure many posters know 'people' in pro clubs and I don't know what his attitude has been in the last week however let's say his attitude before was not over committed in training.

A bit like us really on a smaller scale.

Yep. A point I made on another thread.

We could be Premiership top 6 easy if we had kept all the players we sold to down South.

Sadly we would pure skint.

Sorry to Hibees for hijacking your thread.

As you were guys laughing at Rangers' bidding power

Well we managed to convince Scott Allan to sign for us for two years on the wage we offer so I'm confident Stubbs would find a decent replacement should he be sold down south.

If hibs get 400k from Rotherham for scott Allan that's cracking business for you lot.

You're still banging that drum Myview. :lol:

I'm not getting at Allan or Hibs. It's what all players do when they want away. I'm certainly not saying it's right as it does affect the squads team spirit. He has been benched in the first two matches!

Not really as Hibs need to keep the player way more than Rangers need to sign the player.

So not only will our opposition be weakened, but they'll also be rather embarrassed for insisting the player wasn't for sale.

In the face of continued media interest, Hibernian Football Club can confirm that Scott Allan has today handed in a written transfer request.

This comes on the back of two unwelcome and uninvited approaches from Rangers FC regarding Scott, the first for £175,000 and the second for £225,000.

Hibernian FC has refused both bids because the Club has no wish to transfer a valuable player to strengthen a major rival in the battle to win the Championship and gain promotion to the Premiership.

Hibernian’s position has not changed. The player will not be sold to Rangers.

They've even bolded the statement for you to make it nice and easy.

Anyway, given they've been in pursuit of the player all summer, presumably with Dave's millions it won't be a problem to match Rotherham's bid and test Hibs again.

Agreed. I may be wrong but I just can't see either that he will be sold now to Rangers no matter if they do match other bids. Allan now has to make his mind up. Buckle down and play this season for Hibs, apart from Rangers move elsewhere or play for Hibs now and sign a pre contract in January. Simples!

Archived