International Weekend 12-14th June

djchapsticks

I've gone a tenner on four teams tonight:

Norway @ 1/3 vs Azerbaijan

Bulgaria -1 @ 13/10 vs Malta

Cyprus -1 @ 21/20 vs Andorra

Iceland @ 13/8 vs Czech Republic

Last one is a bit of a Hail Mary, but Iceland dispatched Holland at home with absolute ease. The Czechs aren't nearly as strong as years gone by even if they are top of their group with 13 points from 15.

Also took everything in my power not to stick Wales in there as well as it's sheer folly. Even if 7/2 is a stupid length of odds for a team in form.

Tomorrow is a hard day's gambling. There are a few which are so close that I'd feel uncomfortable going on them as part of an accumulator, some which are so far apart there's no point and then there's Portugal. The undisputed kings of the 'do not fucking touch this mob, the odds are folly' bet. They are 4/9 away to Armenia tomorrow and to be honest, if you gave me £20 to bet, I'd rather back Armenia at 13/2. Along with Norway, they are the most horrible side to bet on in UEFA. Even the Copa America is a pain in the arse. Mexico have a B squad with them due to the upcoming CONCACAF Gold Cup, so there's no value in them and Uruguay are 1/4 without their main man.

I might just go a tenner on a correct score in the Scotland game. 2-1. Maybe 2-1 and Maloney anytime.

The odds are weird for Mexico if they have sent a B squad. Having a biggish punt on Bolivia tonight in case the bookies haven't noticed and the second string is a bit shite. Unlikely, I know.

Bugger, 0-0.

The odds are weird for Mexico if they have sent a B squad. Having a biggish punt on Bolivia tonight in case the bookies haven't noticed and the second string is a bit shite. Unlikely, I know.

Bugger, 0-0.

Unlucky. I don't think the bookies haven't noticed, quite the opposite in fact. They will know that most folk will see that fixture and have backed Mexico on the basis of them being a far stronger side than Bolivia andvnot actually look at their squad, they were probably banking on it being a coupon wrecker. Think it proves though that their B squad isn't very good and justifies that there's no value in them.

Archived