E3

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Finally some things to really be excited about on the new consoles. A lot of promising titles coming out at the end of the year; Fallout, Rainbow Six, a new Hitman, Battlefront and THPS5 all within a month or so of each other after what has been quite an underwhelming time on the Xbox One for myself so far.

I might be tempted to go for the Gears of War remaster as well depending on the price.

The only disappointing things is that backwards compatibility won't be available until around Christmas. I was hoping to get another playthrough of Fallout 3 before the new one come out.

New South Park game coming. The only drawback I felt Stick of Truth had was the combat and they seem to have a wee jab at that so I'm hoping they change it. I understand some people enjoy turn-based combat but it didn't click with me.

New South Park game coming. The only drawback I felt Stick of Truth had was the combat and they seem to have a wee jab at that so I'm hoping they change it. I understand some people enjoy turn-based combat but it didn't click with me.

Yeah, I read earlier that they hated how the turn-based combat worked out so they want to move away from it with this 2nd game. The Stick of Truth was a lot of fun and the storyline/references were brilliant but the combat got boring as hell so can't wait for this game, especially if they expand the world.

Read the article that someone posted in the pc thread, it explains the damage that console wars have on the gaming industry as a whole. Pretty interesting read too. Typically it's #gary who brings it back to the fore on here.

Current gen consoles are watered down pcs where Sony or Microsoft pay shitloads of cash to prevent the other from getting a title. It's madness.

FF will be on Xbox one.

Microsoft shat all over Sony here. Again.

Again? :lol: How are XB(oll)ox sales doing? Caught up yet?

Good move by Microsoft to do the backwards compatibility. Definitely trying to pull out all the stops over Sony, what with them being shafted by them thus far B)

I read a while back that Sony were going to introduce something like this as well. It would be a library of over 1000 old Playstation titles that you could access. Pretty disappointed this hasn't happened yet.

Introducing backwards compatibility at this stage just says "buy our console so that you can play games you could play on our old console".

A daft move not including it from the start, if the technology was there. Plenty people, myself included, haven't yet moved to next-gen as there's still plenty of AAA titles for the 360 / PS3 that haven't been played yet.

Archived