Capital One Cup 2015-16

Hopefully Everton pull off a good result tomorrow, a league cup derby final would be superb.

What a final that would be Lichtie.

Funnily enough it is meant to be the Merseyside Derby at Anfield that day anyway.

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As good as a win would be, I can't see any possibility where this will be enough to take to the Etihad.

They need an early goal at the Etihad. Away goals only come into play during extra time, but I wouldn't want to run that risk.

They need an early goal at the Etihad. Away goals only come into play during extra time, but I wouldn't want to run that risk.

So if City win 1-0 in the return leg, it will go to extra time, but they will effectively be suddenly leading the tie?

So if City win 1-0 in the return leg, it will go to extra time, but they will effectively be suddenly leading the tie?

Yep, it's a strange rule tbf.

Yep, it's a strange rule tbf.

To me the opposite would make more sense. Away goals count during normal time, but not after extra time.

Or just stick with away goals counting all the time or none of the time. This way seems to be the worse of all four options.

Only thing that would be worse is if away goals count after the five first penalties in a shootout.

Archived