Capital One Cup 2015-16

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lucas has always been my favourite Liverpool player, well since Torres left anyway. Think tonight shows what Joe Allen does when he's actually fit though as well.

Origi, like Henderson when he joined, just needs to harden up and he'll be a great player. Last year at Lille he struggled as he was the main man, at Liverpool there isn't any pressure on him with Benteke, Firmino and Sturridge ahead of him.

Even Lovren looks like a good centre half now. Making the transfer committee look a bit better. Should bring back Balotelli.

• 1 month later...

Watching the build up to Stoke-Liverpool. They're showing highlights from the 1972 league cup semi-final between Stoke and West Ham. The semi-finals were over two legs but it finished level on aggregate. Instead of extra time and/or penalties it went to not one but two replays. Thankfully they weren't two legged! Seems a bit daft to have so many games to decide a semi-final.

Watching the build up to Stoke-Liverpool. They're showing highlights from the 1972 league cup semi-final between Stoke and West Ham. The semi-finals were over two legs but it finished level on aggregate. Instead of extra time and/or penalties it went to not one but two replays. Thankfully they weren't two legged! Seems a bit daft to have so many games to decide a semi-final.

It seems like a lot of effort. Bobby Moore saving a penalty is something I didn't know happened.

Damn. ....I missed the build up!!

Was reading about Dundee having to play Clyde (I think) 4 times in the Scottish cup as it kept finishing level. This was of course before penalty shootouts were introduced. I'm of the opinion that all cup games should be decided on the day tbh.

Can anyone think of an alternative to a penalty shootout?

Was reading about Dundee having to play Clyde (I think) 4 times in the Scottish cup as it kept finishing level. This was of course before penalty shootouts were introduced. I'm of the opinion that all cup games should be decided on the day tbh.

Can anyone think of an alternative to a penalty shootout?

Drink off.....or a duel....home captain gets to decide if pistols or sabres...

Quiet on here. Guess Stoke must be dross now ... :)

Only half the job done but delighted with that result especially after Saturday.

Hopefully Everton pull off a good result tomorrow, a league cup derby final would be superb.

Archived