Premier League 2015-16

• Replies 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

sterling would be valued at half that to an english team if he wasnt english, the fact he is young, Cl and international experience and plenty of top flight experience, means he is a highly sought after buy for a english CL team with they homegrown players rule

Half?

Try a fifth.

Another over-rated and over-priced English player. This has the look of an Andy Carroll/Jack Roswell deal.

As I said on a previous post on the confirmed transfers thread. If they sign a decent striker to backup/play with Rooney then 6/1 becomes very, very tasty for them to win the league.

They're after Lewendowski - £35m - get him and they have a real chance.

Posted this on A-League forum. Game was played behind closed doors on the Gold Coast.

Man City beat Adelaide 2-0 (Barker 63, Zuculini 84) with Man City line-up as follows:

City first-half team: Caballero, Maffeo, Kompany ©, Humphreys, Horsfield, Nasri, Toure, Garcia, Ntcham, Pozo, Iheanacho

City second-half team: Wright, Clichy, Plummer, Evans, Glendon, Fernando, Fofana, Zuculini, Navas, Barker, Unal.

I'm going to try and do a quick write up on all 20 teams in the league with my predictions of where they will finish this season over the next little while. Below I start with my top four.

Chelsea

Courtious/Begovic

Ivanovic/Ake Terry Cahill/Zouma Azplicueta/Luis

Matic/Loftus-Cheek Ramires/Mikel

Willian/Cuadrado Fabregas/Oscar Hazard

Costa/Falcao/Remy

The reigning champions have been very quiet this summer so far, swapping Cech for Begovic and bringing in Falcao as back-up/competition to Costa. For me they maybe need another central midfielder but I do think Loftus-Cheek will have a bigger involvement this season.

Their strongest line-up probably remains the best in the league. Terry and Cahill are the best centre back pairing in the country in front of the best keeper in the country so they probably won’t concede too many again this season. In Hazard they have the best player in the country, although I think he may struggle to top last season’s contribution where he was fantastic.

To top off all of this they have the best manager in the league who will, IMO, guide them to the league title again this season. They might not always play the best football under Mourinho, they might not give young players much of a look in, but they will most likely be the league winners come May.

Prediction – 1st

Manchester United

De Gea/New Keeper

Darmian/Valencia *Otamendi*/Jones Smalling/Rojo Blind/Shaw

Schweinsteiger/Carrick Schneiderlin/Herrera

Di Maria/Januzaj Mata/Fellaini Depay/Young

Rooney/*New Striker*

They seem to have strengthened very wisely so far this summer. Right back and centre midfield were two positions they were criticised in last season. I think some people may be surprised at the quality Darmian will add to the team. If they can seal the deal for Otamendi, which looks increasingly likely, they will once again have a very strong squad.

I think Rooney could thrive this season as the main striker, although they do need a backup forward as his injury record isn’t the greatest. I suspect they will be a great deal better than last season, and their home record will be strong this season. The rumours of Di Maria leaving won’t go away and I wouldn’t be surprised at all if he is in Paris by the end of the summer – he will need replaced. It seems Nico Gaitan is the name being banded about as a replacement, I’m not too sure about that one but I don’t have any other ideas about a replacement.

Woodward will continue to ship out the deadwood – Evans, Rafael and a couple of others will probably follow Nani and RvP out the door. This would mean under FFP they probably have another £150million of so they could spend this summer so it will be interesting to see if they do bring anyone else in and continue to add strength .

Prediction – 2nd

Arsenal

Cech/Ospina

Debuchey/Bellerin Koscielny/Chambers Metersaker/Gabirel Gibbs/Monreal

Wilshire/Arteta/Cazorla Flamini/Coquelin

Sanchez/Walcott Ozil/Ramsey Welbeck/Chamberlin

Giroud

Again the question around arsenal, for me, is up front and centre midfield. Still think they have missed out on Schneiderlin and I’m not sure who else they could sign for this position. I really rate Giroud but I think they still need a top class striker to compete. They have great strength in depth in the attacking midfield areas, all of the players are versatile and can play a number of roles.

Key player again this season will be Sanchez, it will be interesting to see if he suffers from ‘second season syndrome’. The signing of Cech is exactly what Arsenal needed, a huge improvement for them and potentially wins them an extra 6-9 points in a season. I still feel they lack that winning mentality and may go on their usual collapsing run at some point over the season.

Prediction – 3rd.

Man City

Hart/Willy

Sagna/Zabaleta Kompany Demichelis/Mangala Kolarov/Clichy

Fernando/Fernandinho Toure

Sterling/Navas Silva Nasri

Aguero/Bony/Dzeko

For me, the weakest of the ‘top 4’ this season. They really seem to lack strength in depth. No doubt their first choice team is strong but any injuries to key players and they have almost no back up. For the amount of money they have spent they are very light, IMO.

Aguero is still one of the best players in the world and along with Silva and Sterling next season will be very dangerous – his injury record still concerns me slightly, however. While the others around them have strengthened, City seem to have put all of their eggs in one basket with Sterling this season which could prove a success or could be a bit of a gamble.

Still think they have another big signing up their sleeves and in my mind it should probably be a central midfielder to compete with the Fers.

Prediction – 4th.

Think Zouma will be taking Cahills starting place next season, he already looked like he was doing second half of last season.

Don't think Terry will thrive the same way he has done this season either, would say Chelsea should be looking for a new centre half or deciding if they want to move Ivanovic there and play Azpilicueta on his natural side.

Be shocked if United finish ahead of City and Arsenal.

I wouldn't. United have bought really well in this window so far. If they can keep De Gea, and add a top striker, they will be there or there abouts for 2nd.

Agree it's Chelsea's to lose again, and with the top 4 teams DOYS has chosen. I can't see Liverpool/Spurs threatening those teams for a Champions League spot.

"Chelsea

Courtious/Begovic

Ivanovic/Ake Terry Cahill/Zouma Azplicueta/Luis

Matic/Loftus-Cheek Ramires/Mikel

Willian/Cuadrado Fabregas/Oscar Hazard

Costa/Falcao/Remy"

It's unlikely that Chelsea will start the season with that squad.

Ake is rumoured to be going with Kalas to Middlesborough on loan. He not with the first-team squad in Canada but Victor Moses is.

Atletico Madrid negotiating for the return of Luis. Cuadrado is reportedly a target for Juventus who wanted him in January.

Remy does not want to be 3rd choice again and is being linked with Palace.

Liverpool could challenge if they can buy a top replacement for Gerrard. They have a few strikers and forwards that could be sold to raise cash.

While I agree they have some dead wood they can get rid of to raise some cash (Enrique, Lambert, Borini, Balotelli etc), the problem remains, which "top drawer" player will come to a club not playing the Champions League?

Liverpool don't need a top signing to replace Gerrard, they need to stop fucking about with Can and play him centre mid!

This will certainly help for starters. He has all the making of a great player.

To be fair, Liverpool have a fairly decent side, but they'd have to very fortunate, and very lucky with injuries, to get into the Top 4.

While I agree they have some dead wood they can get rid of to raise some cash (Enrique, Lambert, Borini, Balotelli etc), the problem remains, which "top drawer" player will come to a club not playing the Champions League?

Yet Cabaye has signed for Palace from PSG.

The dead wood includes Alberto and Aspas - £15 million. Liverpool also paid £7 million for Tiago Ilori who has spent the last two seasons on loan.

Gundogan from Dortmund would be a good signing - creative, great passing and solid when defending. Certainly better than Joe Allen.

Archived