Premier League 2015-16

• Replies 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's ridiculous. There was a reason it was played at Wembley. May as well go the whole hog and have all the players come out wearing fisherman's tops, berets and a string on onions round their necks.

What 'advantage' are they looking to gain though?

My suggestion is fairly obvious. If youre too dense to understand/acknowledge it then we should probably just end this now.

Was listening to Five Live on way home from work earlier, had some journo on who described the playing of the French Anthem at all EPL games this weekend as 'perhaps a bit overkill by the EPL as football paid its respects midweek'...

Thoughts:

A: What a thoughtless, insensitive dickhead describing it as 'overkill' given the circumstances.

B: Football didn't pay its respects midweek. Only a tiny portion that get selected for their national sides did. This gives a greater number of players and clubs the chance to publicly pay their respects and is a nice touch by the FA or whomever made the decision, IMO.

Who the f**k goes to a football game to pay respects! FFS

Besides, England did pay its respects midweek

Or you could just answer the question.

I feel like letting you figure it out would be beneficial.

Was listening to Five Live on way home from work earlier, had some journo on who described the playing of the French Anthem at all EPL games this weekend as 'perhaps a bit overkill by the EPL as football paid its respects midweek'...

Thoughts:

A: What a thoughtless, insensitive dickhead describing it as 'overkill' given the circumstances.

B: Football didn't pay its respects midweek. Only a tiny portion that get selected for their national sides did. This gives a greater number of players and clubs the chance to publicly pay their respects and is a nice touch by the FA or whomever made the decision, IMO.

Will they also be playing the Syrian national anthem in respect for all the innocent children who died there this week?

Who the f**k goes to a football game to pay respects! FFS

When it comes to Remembrance Day etc it's a chance for the football clubs as a whole to show respect!!!!!

I think this is slightly unnecessary though personally, midweek was fantastic and sufficient enough IMO. Although I'm not bothered by it in slightest, and id be surprised if anyone else was.

When it comes to Remembrance Day etc it's a chance for the football clubs as a whole to show respect!!!!!

I think this is slightly unnecessary though personally, midweek was fantastic and sufficient enough IMO. Although I'm not bothered by it in slightest, and id be surprised if anyone else was.

Not that I want to go over it all again, but if a club wants to show respect on Remembrance day, They should send a representative to lay a wreath and make a donation to charity. They don't have to do anything different from the rest of the county

Thoughts:

A lot of clubs paid their respects last weekend with a very appropriate minutes silence. The national team did midweek. It's only two English leagues that haven't as they haven't played since the murders so most of 'football' in England actually has paid it's respects. It's also only the EPL clubs that are going to play the anthem in what looks like a distasteful but unsurprising show of one-upmanship.

Not that I want to go over it all again, but if a club wants to show respect on Remembrance day, They should send a representative to lay a wreath and make a donation to charity. They don't have to do anything different from the rest of the county

FFS Rico.

That's YOUR opinion. IMO and plenty others, a minutes silence is a perfect way for a club, and everybody involved with the club, to show its respect. You can't tell clubs or other people what's right and wrong.

This whole 'who goes to a football game to pay respects!!!' line coming from you is winding me up, you're only saying this because of what happens every Remembrance Day with Celtic fans.

Unsurprisingly it seems like the SPFL will be doing similar this weekend, seeing as we're desperately suckling any drips from the damp EPL cock these days

Hard to believe Arbroath, East Fife etc will be in silence as the French national anthem is played.

Archived