Yet another US shooting

3 hours ago, EdgarusQPFC said:

They don't directly affect my life at the moment. But look how quickly this has developed and became the norm, how long before it affects day to day life. 

How long before you aren't allowed to have a different opinion? 

723 years and 17 days.  

On ‎26‎/‎09‎/‎2016 at 15:45, energyzone said:

You only get one go at using a taser and if it misses you've had it.  It can't be used against multiple people and doesn't tend to work if the person you're aiming for is wearing sufficient clothing for the barbs to fail to reach the body.

The police in the US stop thousands and thousands of people on foot and in vehicles every day and don't shoot them.

Not doing it right.

27 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Plenty of debate to be had over racism in the police but even leaving that aside alot of the videos coming out show some utterly terrible policing. Never seems to be any attempt to de - escalate the situation. Seems to be a policy of if at first you don't succeed be more aggressive.

Not sure if serious....

Imagine you're a Yankee copper. You stop a car with one person in it, what is it? 40/60 they are carrying a gun. Stop a car with a black dood and its above 50/50. Of course the cop is gonna be trigger happy.

One of the scary things in the Clinton/Trump bunfight, was there has been 4,000 folk shot in Chicago this year.

I doubt all 4,000 were drivers and that the pigs were to blame...

4 hours ago, Njord said:

Not sure if serious....

Imagine you're a Yankee copper. You stop a car with one person in it, what is it? 40/60 they are carrying a gun. Stop a car with a black dood and its above 50/50. Of course the cop is gonna be trigger happy.

One of the scary things in the Clinton/Trump bunfight, was there has been 4,000 folk shot in Chicago this year.

I doubt all 4,000 were drivers and that the pigs were to blame...

Nobody is saying the police in the US have an easy or safe job but I'm watching them shooting people for lunging at them, 2/3 or 4 against 1 shouldn't need to shoot an unarmed man.

8 hours ago, ayrmad said:

I'm sue the figures on stop n search are stark, I'm also sure that the number of blacks being shot by police in USA are stark as well, I don't think I'd have anything other than hatred for police if I was continually stopped in London and other major cities because I had a suntan and a nice car, obviously a fair chunk think black folk are all thick law breaking chancers in major cities around the UK.

There was an amusing Twitter exchange where Rod Liddle was talking about how many more black people in the USA are killed by other black people than they are by the police. He was eviscerated by someone who actually understands statistics:

https://polarizingthevacuum.wordpress.com/2016/09/08/rod-liddle-said-do-the-math-so-i-did/

The key bit:

Let us then suppose instead that our black male US citizen asks:

If I find myself alone in a dark alley with another man, is he more likely to kill me if he’s another black man or a police officer?”

[Using the statistics Liddle quoted], he would conclude that the police officer was 20% more likely to kill him.

On 9/29/2016 at 06:34, Carl Cort's Hamstring said:

There was an amusing Twitter exchange where Rod Liddle was talking about how many more black people in the USA are killed by other black people than they are by the police. He was eviscerated by someone who actually understands statistics:

https://polarizingthevacuum.wordpress.com/2016/09/08/rod-liddle-said-do-the-math-so-i-did/

The key bit:

Also misleading, they're both using the same figures to measure two different things. It's also highly simplistic (both sides) as they're not taking various variables into account, such as all cops have guns, the role of cops, how likely you are to actually meet a cop in a dark alley (or anywhere) compared to meet a member of the general public or a black man, etc.

The fundamental fact is that far more black people are shot by other black people that they are shot by police, period. If the goal is to improve the lives of black people by reducing the total number of black people shot, then reducing black people shooting other black people is the overwhelmingly obvious place to focus, starting with looking at causes and then solutions.

Jeremy Mardis. Six. White. Shot dead by two black police.

LzRH6N7.jpg

Police videocam footage released just now a year after the incident - unless you're determined to cling tightly to the false narrative that police shootings are a race issue, I highly recommend not watching this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1Q2ZIxIJ8k

1 hour ago, banana said:

Jeremy Mardis. Six. White. Shot dead by two black police.

LzRH6N7.jpg

Police videocam footage released just now a year after the incident - unless you're determined to cling tightly to the false narrative that police shootings are a race issue, I highly recommend not watching this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1Q2ZIxIJ8k

Why would any video negate the issue of police in the USA shooting some black people due to race?

23 minutes ago, banana said:

A six year old boy is shot to death and your overriding concern is having a go at the poster. Sums up the racist anti-white vile state of affairs quite well.

Yeah, you're right, he should be out hunting for the killer.