Yet another US shooting

2 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

1. The law is fucked.  Not a surprise given the fuckwits that inhabit Texas.

2. Just because the law allows it doesn’t change my criticism of the individual.  It’s a car; even if someone was stealing it they don’t deserve to be shot.

1) Agree, they just never changed the darkness provisions from the 1800’s…and they won’t, c**ts!

2) Generally agree, I’m just pointing out the stupidity of expanding the provisions that allow arguments for self-defence combined with expanded open carry and non-licensed concealed carry. On the other hand, there are some people that do need shooting, I’m sad to report. I’m opposed to Capital Punishment, but some criminals around here make it a hard course to steer.

2 hours ago, TxRover said:

1) Agree, they just never changed the darkness provisions from the 1800’s…and they won’t, c**ts!

2) Generally agree, I’m just pointing out the stupidity of expanding the provisions that allow arguments for self-defence combined with expanded open carry and non-licensed concealed carry. On the other hand, there are some people that do need shooting, I’m sad to report. I’m opposed to Capital Punishment, but some criminals around here make it a hard course to steer.

Thems fight'n words.

2 minutes ago, Venti said:

Thems fight'n words.

Yep…and those are the types that then head off and later drive by a neighbourhood BBQ and unload about 20-30 unarmed rounds…usually killing some innocent, often a child.

On 02/01/2023 at 18:45, TxRover said:

Yep…and those are the types that then head off and later drive by a neighbourhood BBQ and unload about 20-30 unarmed rounds…usually killing some innocent, often a child.

There's enough Texans stealing cars to then drive by children at BBQ's for this to be a type?

43 minutes ago, RawB93 said:

There's enough Texans stealing cars to then drive by children at BBQ's for this to be a type?

Wouldn't surprise me. Guy I know lives in Austin which is probably the most chilled-out city in Texas. That time they had the snow a couple of years back, his neighbours asked him if he wanted to join their posse...they seemed to have decided that the fact that it had got cold meant that they had to organise a local defence force for some reason.

They're just so eager to get shooty it's scary...was an eye-opener for him...when he said he didn't own a gun he said it was like he'd just admitted he didn't own a cock.

9 hours ago, Hillonearth said:

Wouldn't surprise me. Guy I know lives in Austin which is probably the most chilled-out city in Texas. That time they had the snow a couple of years back, his neighbours asked him if he wanted to join their posse...they seemed to have decided that the fact that it had got cold meant that they had to organise a local defence force for some reason.

They're just so eager to get shooty it's scary...was an eye-opener for him...when he said he didn't own a gun he said it was like he'd just admitted he didn't own a cock.

"Snow, darn it.  We're not use to it around here.  Me and the boys are going down to the tv station to sort out that weatherman once and for all."  

13 minutes ago, Fullerene said:

"Snow, darn it.  We're not use to it around here.  Me and the boys are going down to the tv station to sort out that weatherman once and for all."  

From what he said, they seemed to think an inch or two of snow would herald the breakdown of society. I mean, I get they're not used to it but bear in mind this was on the outskirts of what's meant to be the least rednecky city in the state. Christ knows what it was like in the heavy-duty Trumpy hinterland.

I was talking to his missus shortly afterwards as well who said a lot of the neighbourhood women were hitting her up for advice since they seemed to think Scotland was inside the Arctic circle:

"No water? Drink juice. No heating? Umm...put on a jumper...f**k knows. I'm from Bishopbriggs, not Greenland..."

11 minutes ago, Hillonearth said:

From what he said, they seemed to think an inch or two of snow would herald the breakdown of society. I mean, I get they're not used to it but bear in mind this was on the outskirts of what's meant to be the least rednecky city in the state. Christ knows what it was like in the heavy-duty Trumpy hinterland.

I was talking to his missus shortly afterwards as well who said a lot of the neighbourhood women were hitting her up for advice since they seemed to think Scotland was inside the Arctic circle:

"No water? Drink juice. No heating? Umm...put on a jumper...f**k knows. I'm from Bishopbriggs, not Greenland..."

Disappointed his missus didn't take the opertunity and run with it hosting weekly snow survival courses.

"Always eat the yellow snow as it has more nutrients"

1 hour ago, Hillonearth said:

All that and you never thought to advise them to burn their NRA and Republican memberships for heat 

Slightly off topic, but we were at the three kings parade last night and were subjected to about 20 minutes of shite from a young American woman who ended up standing behind us.  Including how the liberals want to steal people’s guns, how every Mexican is a bad ‘un and why it should be legitimate to shoot anyone illegally in the country.  The fact that she had oriental heritage herself made the blatant xenophobia worse.

Hopefully she is not typical of young Americans.

30 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Slightly off topic, but we were at the three kings parade last night and were subjected to about 20 minutes of shite from a young American woman who ended up standing behind us.  Including how the liberals want to steal people’s guns, how every Mexican is a bad ‘un and why it should be legitimate to shoot anyone illegally in the country.  The fact that she had oriental heritage herself made the blatant xenophobia worse.

Hopefully she is not typical of young Americans.

Good news, bad news…judging by my daughters estimates, I’d say it’s no more than 33% of the kids in the entitled areas. The outrage from some of the parents when she was in primary school and Obama won the mock Presidential election was a much higher percentage, enough so the school stopped doing mock elections when Trump rolled around, fearing literal violent complaint from his supporters if the kids voted the “wrong” way. The area is probably 60% Trumpie,  but the kids are probably only about half that radical and immigrant hating.

10 minutes ago, BillyAnchor said:

I never know how to actually comment on these any more. 

https://apnews.com/article/newport-news-virginia-88dfe91f65173cbbd198a8816a21b5be

Just what the actual f**k is going on in a country where a 6yr old can get their hands on a deadly weapon, know how to and choose to use it. The game is seriously a bogey in that place. 

1 hour ago, 10menwent2mow said:

Just what the actual f**k is going on in a country where a 6yr old can get their hands on a deadly weapon, know how to and choose to use it. The game is seriously a bogey in that place. 

The most likely answer is a/the adult (I use that term reservedly) left the gun unsecured. Probably something stupid along the lines of a compact 9mm under the pillow…on the bed stand…etc. For bonus points, look up kid shots parent in car for cases where the mommy puts the purse in back with Junior, Junior digs in and gets her Glock, and mama has a round in the chamber…

The laws provide for punishment for the person who didn’t secure the firearm, but that’s a little late.

2 hours ago, BillyAnchor said:

I never know how to actually comment on these any more. 

https://apnews.com/article/newport-news-virginia-88dfe91f65173cbbd198a8816a21b5be

Experts said a school shooting involving a 6-year-old is extremely rare, although not unheard of, 

"Experts said a school shooting involving a 6-year-old is extremely rare, although not unheard of, while Virginia law limits the ways in which a child that age can be punished for such a crime."

Very hard to believe the above statement. Should not be extremely rare it should be nigh on impossible. But see below......

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Killing_of_Kayla_Rolland

Above refers to an incident Michael Moore talked about in Bowling for Columbine. It is pretty harrowing.