Yet another US shooting

3 hours ago, Mackie The Staggie said:

I think I've just come across the most American thing possible.......

Begs the question…was she stupid enough to tuck a loaded gun, with a round in the chamber, and either no safety or the safety off, in the rolls of her belly fat? It seems she was…and I, for one, am deeply disappointed that God didn’t answer the prayers for her to receive a Darwin Award.

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

She’s American…

Although given that Fox et al will constantly tell you the cities are full of liberal elites and that some shitty outer suburb of Houston where they drive bro-trucks, drink shit beer and listen to worse music because they want to be outlaws but are actually mortgage brokers is the 'real America'; I'm almost glad that the most American thing to ever happen happened on the south side of Chicago. 

• 4 weeks later...

At least the crazier Americans only resort to gun violence over really, really important issues...

"JACKSONVILLE, Fla. (AP) - A 3-year-old child and two adults were fatally shot late Saturday at a Florida apartment complex during an apparent dispute over the sale of a dog, authorities said."

from https://www.wsaz.com/2023/09/25/toddler-2-adults-fatally-shot-during-argument-over-dog-sale-authorities-say/

3 minutes ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

At least the crazier Americans only resort to gun violence over really, really important issues...

"JACKSONVILLE, Fla. (AP) - A 3-year-old child and two adults were fatally shot late Saturday at a Florida apartment complex during an apparent dispute over the sale of a dog, authorities said."

from https://www.wsaz.com/2023/09/25/toddler-2-adults-fatally-shot-during-argument-over-dog-sale-authorities-say/

Dear God, I was in Forida the week before last. I wasn't trying to buy a dog right enough. Makes you think though. A woman was eaten by an alligator too. There should be a travel warning on this hellhole.

9 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Dear God, I was in Forida the week before last. I wasn't trying to buy a dog right enough. Makes you think though. A woman was eaten by an alligator too. There should be a travel warning on this hellhole.

I don't think I've ever heard of anyone being eaten by a gator that wasn't a direct consequence of either negligence or fucking around and finding out.

They pretty much sit still and wait for prey to land in their mouth most of the time unless you're in water with them (and why the f**k would you get in the water with one?) so to get caught and scoffed by one is a Darwin award level stupidity.

18 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

While there is a general U.S. travel advise/warning notice on UK.gov, Florida has its own little publication…nay mention o’gators:

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/467109/digitialAdviceForBritsToFlorida.pdf

8 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

I don't think I've ever heard of anyone being eaten by a gator that wasn't a direct consequence of either negligence or fucking around and finding out.

They pretty much sit still and wait for prey to land in their mouth most of the time unless you're in water with them (and why the f**k would you get in the water with one?) so to get caught and scoffed by one is a Darwin award level stupidity.

That's what I was told on my Everglades tour as well, but I prefer ill informed conjecture.

10 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

1 minute ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

That's what I was told on my Everglades tour as well, but I prefer ill informed conjecture.

They’re getting more mobile…how fast are you, Sarge?

Just now, Sergeant Wilson said:

Ground speed isn't an important factor. The first 50 yards are in your head IE don't go within 50 yards of anywhere danger lurks.

Then what the f**k were you doing in Florida, let alone the U.S., without hiring someone from Div’s elite “Bodyguard Agency”™️ (coming soon).

45 minutes ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

Wait, was it a Bully XL?