Bundesliga 2024/25

Rheinmetall sponsoring Borussia Dortmund from tonight. No shirt sponsorship but everywhere else for 7-9 million Euros per annum.

A lot of fans not happy as they are an arms manufacturer.

They use subsidiaries around the world to arm the likes of Saudi Arabia and supply IDF with ammunition.

They just stopped sending parts to Russia directly in 2022.

• German Jag changed the title to Bundesliga 2024/25

Hannover 96 II defeat Würzburg Kickers after extra time and penalties to secure promotion to the 3rd division, bringing down the curtain on season 2023/24. Will likely take in a few away games to some different grounds (1860 Munich, Viktoria Köln, RW Essen).  

Old season hadn‘t finished and the new one had already begun, with the draw for the 1st round of the DFB-Pokal being made last night. H96 given an uninspiring trip to Bielefeld. 4th division Phönix Lübeck get to host Borussia Dortmund in their 3.000 capacity stadium, Bayern go to Ulm.

1st round games are around the weekend of 17th August. 

IMG_0155.jpeg

2 hours ago, German Jag said:

Hannover 96 II defeat Würzburg Kickers after extra time and penalties to secure promotion to the 3rd division, bringing down the curtain on season 2023/24. Will likely take in a few away games to some different grounds (1860 Munich, Viktoria Köln, RW Essen).  

Old season hadn‘t finished and the new one had already begun, with the draw for the 1st round of the DFB-Pokal being made last night. H96 given an uninspiring trip to Bielefeld. 4th division Phönix Lübeck get to host Borussia Dortmund in their 3.000 capacity stadium, Bayern go to Ulm.

1st round games are around the weekend of 17th August. 

IMG_0155.jpeg

Has there been a change in rules regarding reserve teams? I was always of the belief that there had to be a full divisional gap between the parent club and the reserve team.

On 02/06/2024 at 19:26, Connor1874 said:

Has there been a change in rules regarding reserve teams? I was always of the belief that there had to be a full divisional gap between the parent club and the reserve team.

Don't think there's been a change.

Had a flick through the rules, 1st one I could see was main team in the 3rd & II / B-Team in the 4th isn't allowed.

So if H96 were to get relegated, then the 2nd team would be punted to the 5th tier (Oberliga Niedersachsen).

22 hours ago, German Jag said:

Don't think there's been a change.

Had a flick through the rules, 1st one I could see was main team in the 3rd & II / B-Team in the 4th isn't allowed.

So if H96 were to get relegated, then the 2nd team would be punted to the 5th tier (Oberliga Niedersachsen).

I can't remember where I seen it. Must've been Football Manager. :lol: I must've assumed it was across the pyramid. I know II teams can't go higher than the 3. Liga anyway so makes sense.

Hi folks. Looking for some assistance in getting tickets for games in Germany if anyone can help.

A group of 8 of us are going to Düsseldorf in August to celebrate our 50th birthdays and hope to attend games on the Saturday and Sunday.

Firstly, I’m aware that the fixtures for the top 2 leagues aren’t released until 04/07. 

I’ve enquired about becoming a member of the clubs within c. 1 hour of Düsseldorf.

Question is, how easy is it to get tickets on the day from touts outside the stadium and what’s the mark up ?

Any help is appreciated.

3 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Hi folks. Looking for some assistance in getting tickets for games in Germany if anyone can help.

A group of 8 of us are going to Düsseldorf in August to celebrate our 50th birthdays and hope to attend games on the Saturday and Sunday.

Firstly, I’m aware that the fixtures for the top 2 leagues aren’t released until 04/07. 

I’ve enquired about becoming a member of the clubs within c. 1 hour of Düsseldorf.

Question is, how easy is it to get tickets on the day from touts outside the stadium and what’s the mark up ?

Any help is appreciated.

I can't answer the question you've asked but I've been over for games on seven or eight occasions in that area and the only teams I've not been able to buy tickets at face value through the websites are Dortmund and Schalke, for those had to use seatwave type re-seller sites, you'll get tickets but not 8 sat together. Think Dortmund tickets on seatwave for a run of the mill home game were about 60-65 euros, but last time was (just) pre-covid so will have gone up now and that was for seats in the gods.

I suppose Leverkusen might be harder now and derby matches will always be more difficult. 

I had my stag weekend in Dusseldorf last September and got 16 tickets for Gladbach vs Leipzig no bother , just need to keep an eye on on-sale dates. I was able to buy them all myself, didn't even have to get (say) 4 of us buying 4 each.

I tried to sign up as a Gladbach member in advance as I was worried it would sell out before it went to public sale, but they rejected my application, not that it mattered in the end.

• 2 weeks later...