The Youth Academy Challenge

RandomGuy.

Who are you? Have I missed a post or you waiting to update?

I never posted, had started as an English side but no real connection to it so just ended the save. Literally about to start a Scottish one.

Initial squad has only eleven players, three of them are centre halves and another three are right wingers  :lol:

Untitled_zps0toc2yxq.png

Got a plum home tie against Hibs in the League Cup. Also got the "Develop your own youths" philosophy agreed with the board, which should help persuade them to invest in that area, while also buying me time if things go tits up.

Edited by RandomGuy.

My assistant has just started his continental A licence (I've paid for all the continental ones for him)

Club won't let me sit my national badges.

c***s.

Tough ask there RG - you'll be using greys from the off :lol:

Edited by Deefiant

My assistant has just started his continental A licence (I've paid for all the continental ones for him)

Club won't let me sit my national badges.

c***s.

Tough ask there RG - you'll be using greys from the off :lol:

You can usually only get through courses in the Summer break when everyones on holiday. 

And aye, its fairly shite. Montrose just offered Nairn a contract too. Bitches.

Untitled_zpsgla40q0r.png

Stuck a fiver on us winning the league

Untitled_zps4chfahyu.png

"Soared"  :lol:

Edited by RandomGuy.

That's season 3 done.

Thought I was in the playoff shake up until near the end of the season but fell apart in a tight league and ultimately finished 8th.

I've still not put up my screenshots from season 2 and tbh I find it a fucking chore but in the interests of integrity I'll get them up for both seasons soon.

Bottom of the league, fourteen games without a win and only one goal scored in that time.

Please FM Gods, give me a star in the youth intake

After learning from RG (*shudder*) I got my board to agree to the bring through young players philosophy.

I got them to increase my youth budget with ease.

A few weeks later the option opened up to improve the facilities again. I asked. DENIED. Ffs. "Financial position" again.

For clarity every season so far I start in the black (£40k or so) before dropping into the red for the last few months of the season. Prize money and STs then sees us back in black (£40k or so) rinse and repeat.

This season I have a touch over £200k in the bank thanks to the blue pound and these cunto's are banging on about our financial position?!

My best player earns £55 a week FFS.

Bit behind but Season 2 update! Missed my screenshot of youth intake for season 2 update but to avoid any allegations of rule breaking all these screenies were taken at the end of season 2 on the same day so you can see no transfers throughout season!

post-32505-0-74048500-1459792427_thumb.j

My squad for the 2nd season 

post-32505-0-44026900-1459792557_thumb.j

Transfers for season 2. 0 in 0 out.

post-32505-0-55596700-1459792777_thumb.j

League table. After the comfort of 4th and a promotion playoff in season 1 this was a real wake up call of a season. Safe on the last day.

post-32505-0-24602300-1459792856_thumb.j

Here he is - the reason I didn't go down. Super Dave McCaughie.

So onto season 3 and hopefully some improvement!

Season 3 - 2018/19 Update

Squad - again taken end of season. Finally got me a 2nd CM.

post-32505-0-34213100-1459793623_thumb.j

Transfers

post-32505-0-20514300-1459793816_thumb.j

Youth Intake

post-32505-0-41428300-1459793837_thumb.j

Table

post-32505-0-98794800-1459793867_thumb.j

Record breaking sex/goal machine Super Davie McCaughie - record scorer in league 2 with 24 league goals.

post-32505-0-20078500-1459793911_thumb.j

Summary - bit of a strange season. Started out brilliantly, and nearing the halfway point was bouncing between 3rd and 5th. Then it just went wrong. I was always within touching distance of the playoffs until the very end and my 8th place finish was the lowest I had been at any point of the season so a bit of a gutter.

Onto season 4! 

I've got decent depth now (even if some of that depth are kids with great potential but little current ability...)

I'm in love with David McCaughie who is a goal machine and Luidgi Hoareau is a class act (if a little injury prone). Young Dean Isaacs partners Luidgi in the middle and is my first youth prospect to become  a regular with 35 apps over the season. Crucially I now have a 3rd CM so I'm not stuck playing wingers (of which I have an abundance) in case of injury!

Onwards and upwards

:lol:

Ouch

Untitled_zpsefckvjgt.png

So, so, frustrating, as the defence is doing their bit. Striker missed a two yard open goal in my latest game, I'd drop him, but I only have the eleven players. Absolute cert to finish 10th, so hopefully I can bore the non-league side into submission

Untitled_zpsefckvjgt.png

So, so, frustrating, as the defence is doing their bit. Striker missed a two yard open goal in my latest game, I'd drop him, but I only have the eleven players. Absolute cert to finish 10th, so hopefully I can bore the non-league side into submission

Think I was just ridiculously lucky to have a bona fide goal machine at the club! Hopefully drag yourself out of it!!

Press conference "Its incredible you've only used 11 players over the course of the season, the lowest in the division, is there a reason for this?"

:lol:

Season One

Untitled_zpsbd1kxceu.png

Not the greatest intake, but theres at least a couple worth persevering with. Forrest stands out as the main one, which is handy as I need a forward. I also need a CM, so Fridge is helpful too. I need these players as my best CM (Brittain) is joining Dumbarton on a PCA, while one of my starting strikers (Paton) is so far refusing to extend his deal.

Untitled_zpscw63vdxa.png

So many draws  :lol:  Lack of goals was a massive, massive problem. You'll notice I hadn't lost in my last five games though, which was huge in the build up to our Play-Off match against Cove Rangers...

Untitled_zpslba0gawk.png

Fucking. Yass. MacLean steps up to the plate while youngster Forrest grabs his second for the club. Massive performance, and departing captain Richard Brittain absolutely ran the show.

Untitled_zps33t71nsm.png

Stumbled to a draw really, game was won though so I gave the younger players some game time.

I'd be astounded if we don't return to this next season. We're losing our player of the year Brittain and a forward who contributed to 13 goals last year, going to be a massive test for the likes of Fridge and Forrest who are nowhere near good enough at the moment.

Season One

Untitled_zpsbd1kxceu.png

Not the greatest intake, but theres at least a couple worth persevering with. Forrest stands out as the main one, which is handy as I need a forward. I also need a CM, so Fridge is helpful too. I need these players as my best CM (Brittain) is joining Dumbarton on a PCA, while one of my starting strikers (Paton) is so far refusing to extend his deal.

Untitled_zpscw63vdxa.png

So many draws :lol: Lack of goals was a massive, massive problem. You'll notice I hadn't lost in my last five games though, which was huge in the build up to our Play-Off match against Cove Rangers...

Untitled_zpslba0gawk.png

Fucking. Yass. MacLean steps up to the plate while youngster Forrest grabs his second for the club. Massive performance, and departing captain Richard Brittain absolutely ran the show.

Untitled_zps33t71nsm.png

Stumbled to a draw really, game was won though so I gave the younger players some game time.

I'd be astounded if we don't return to this next season. We're losing our player of the year Brittain and a forward who contributed to 13 goals last year, going to be a massive test for the likes of Fridge and Forrest who are nowhere near good enough at the moment.

Tbf that's a lolacaust of a league campaign so the convincing playoff win was superb.

Hopefully a better 2nd season - a goal a game would be a good start!

Tbf that's a lolacaust of a league campaign so the convincing playoff win was superb.

Hopefully a better 2nd season - a goal a game would be a good start!

Think I started off too negative tbh, by the end I'd changed us to be a bit more adventurous. We didn't actually lose any of our last six league games, and had a couple of games where we scored two, combined with the glut of goals in the Play-Off. Can't see me being much better this year though.

Think I started off too negative tbh, by the end I'd changed us to be a bit more adventurous. We didn't actually lose any of our last six league games, and had a couple of games where we scored two, combined with the glut of goals in the Play-Off. Can't see me being much better this year though.

I've a similar problem in that if McCaughie gets injured I pretty much don't score. He missed 2 months of season 3 and it cost me the playoffs.

My centre backs are both a good age (24 and 25 I think) but neither can last 90 mins - usually finding themselves in the <50% fitness bracket after 75 mins - the amount of goals I concede late on is horrendous, either through persevering with those 2 or bringing in 16 year olds for the last 15.