Chris Sutton or Mark Viduka

Sutton v Viduka  

89 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I voted for Chris Sutton. My experience of him both at Blackburn and Celtic made me feel he was the better player.

Mark Viduka was a fantastic player. But i suppose my attitude towards him soured after the spitting incident at East end park.

Just looked up the stats to both player.

Sutton over 500 career games 193 goals.

66 European appearances and 18 goals

10 titles won and one European final appearance.

Only one international cap.

Viduka again over 500 career appearances 258 goals.

50 continental appearances and 27 goals

2 career titles. But did play for Leeds during their successful period

Full Australian international (though i was convinced that he was Croatian for some reason)

EDIT

8 career titles (missed his 6 at Zagreb) Oops

43 caps and 11 goals. His record for the youger Australian teams was outstanding.

Viduka also played in a UEFA Cup final with Middlesbrough. Captained his country at a world cup too.

He was a professional football player that played for Celtic. That's all. While he may keep an eye out for Celtic results he will never have been a supporter in his youth. That's one of the bullshit statements that are made to get fans onside.

We all know he wasn't a supporter in his youth but reading and listening to him you can clearly see he's loves the club. So in regards Sutton or Viduka it is clearly Sutton who wins the day in my book. I doubt many Celts would choose Viduka over Sutton although Viduka was technically a better player.

I think you can make the argument that Sutton supports and loves the club more than many supporters due to his success and time at the club. You do what he did and that is edged on your life and career.

He was a professional football player that played for Celtic. That's all. While he may keep an eye out for Celtic results he will never have been a supporter in his youth. That's one of the bullshit statements that are made to get fans onside.

Is John Robertson and Rudi Skacel included in that statement?

Viduka when he first signed for Celtic left the country on depression. He then slated Celtic for not paying his former team on time for him. A season or two later he refused to play the second half against Inverness then done all he could to leave the club when Leeds made an approach for him. I can see why Celtic fans would automatically say Chris Sutton, the boy not good enough for a mediocre mid table Chelsea side was the better player whilst Viduka was awesome with Leeds, got to the champions league semi finals and Boro reaching the Europa League final.

Viduka when he first signed for Celtic left the country on depression. He then slated Celtic for not paying his former team on time for him. A season or two later he refused to play the second half against Inverness then done all he could to leave the club when Leeds made an approach for him. I can see why Celtic fans would automatically say Chris Sutton, the boy not good enough for a mediocre mid table Chelsea side was the better player whilst Viduka was awesome with Leeds, got to the champions league semi finals and Boro reaching the Europa League final.

We're talking about the mediocre mid table Chelsea side that finished 3rd the season before Sutton was signed, who then finished 5th, won the FA Cup, and made it to the QF's of the Champions League in Suttons only season aren't we?

Yep, won the Fa Cup whilst Sutton sat in the stands, deemed not good enough to earn a place on the bench ahead of players like Tore Andre Flo and Jody Morris.

Yet, 9 months earlier he was deemed good enough for Chelsea to pay Blackburn £10 million for someone good enough to win a Premiership medal, and finish a season as top goalscorer. Not bad going for someone not good enough for a mediocre mid table side who finished, erm 5th. Now if we want to talk about how Sutton failed to live up to his previous standards then that is a completely different story.

Trying to compare who? I've said he wasn't deemed for a place on the bench whilst players of the two I mentioned were. I could have added in Jon Harley too, would you like that? He was extremely versatile as I keep reading Celtic fans saying, or is that only when it suits your own side of the story?

You have a big bag of straw today

We're talking about the mediocre mid table Chelsea side that finished 3rd the season before Sutton was signed, who then finished 5th, won the FA Cup, and made it to the QF's of the Champions League in Suttons only season aren't we?

Yep, couldn't get a game at all for Chelsea and was let go.

Sutton was fantastic for Celtic as was Viduka. Celtic fans will always choose Sutton because of how successful he was there and the fact he wanted to stay at the club where as Marko was ambitious enough to f**k off at the first opportunity. Most neutrals to the game would say Viduka was a much better technically gifted player though.

Yep, couldn't get a game at all for Chelsea and was let go.

Sutton was fantastic for Celtic as was Viduka. Celtic fans will always choose Sutton because of how successful he was there and the fact he wanted to stay at the club where as Marko was ambitious enough to f**k off at the first opportunity. Most neutrals to the game would say Viduka was a much better technically gifted player though.

Viduka.

We'd have been fucked without him after Larsson broke his leg. almost single handily carried us at times.

I don't think Sutton would have been capable of leading the line on his own

:rolleyes:

Archived