How many season tickets sold?

Aye yer right, cause we've never subsidised Hearts in any way when their baw was burst.

f**k Hertz and Aberdeen and everyone else. It's up to every club to keep their house in order and time and again we've done that better than all your so called big clubs.

It's not really you keeping your own house in order if the opposition's away support matches or betters your home crowd.

Think we were the first side to put money in Hearts bucket tbh, while Aberdeens "massive" away support only appeared at McDiarmid in the last 18 months

I think we've only had 3 games in Perth since you came back up that weren't midweek games, can't really compare that with Saturday 3pm games between the sides in the past couple of seasons.

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's not really you keeping your own house in order if the opposition's away support matches or betters your home crowd.

I think we've only had 3 games in Perth since you came back up that weren't midweek games, can't really compare that with Saturday 3pm games between the sides in the past couple of seasons.

This thread has turned a bit Old Firmish, expected better TBH.

Other than Celtic it would be extremley rare to be outnumbered although it may be close sometimes.

Hearts & Aberdeen would normally bring 1500-2000 but on a good run Aberdeen especially could go to 3000+

Think Dundee United have got sick of losing to us as last time was very poor for a important match that could have been a European decider.

St Johnstone fans (barring Stuart Cosgrove), tend to be a bit c*nty. Why would we want to fund their club?!

I don't know why anyone would want to fund any other well run club tbh

You've never had more than the home crowd at McD, that I can remember, and even the weekend games hasn't seen any massive Aberdeen support. Dundee United, Celtic and sometimes Dundee generally seem to bring more.

Until recently Aberdeen used to bring next to nothing to Perth and quite often Killie, Ross County and one or two others bring as little as 150 to 200. It's probably the same across the league at different grounds.

Simple fact is that even in the first division days, of which there were many all too recently, we still operated within a sensible budget.

If it really gets to you about crowd sizes I suggest you take a look at Aberdeen. A one club City with what, 240000 people and not another Pro club within an hour yet until recent relative success often had poor crowds and even now they aren't exactly groundbreaking.

Until recently Aberdeen used to bring next to nothing to Perth and quite often Killie, Ross County and one or two others bring as little as 150 to 200. It's probably the same across the league at different grounds.

Simple fact is that even in the first division days, of which there were many all too recently, we still operated within a sensible budget.

If it really gets to you about crowd sizes I suggest you take a look at Aberdeen. A one club City with what, 240000 people and not another Pro club within an hour yet until recent relative success often had poor crowds and even now they aren't exactly groundbreaking.

Out of interest, what do you think our average crowd should be?

Mind that time Aberdeen booked all the hotels and pubs for the Cup Final, then lost in the Semi?

Certainly a wee bit better than 13000.

Saints get around 10% of Perth as a guide for example so maybe not unrealistic to suggest Aberdeen should be doing better.

I'd honestly say about 18000.

For the life of me I don't know why Aberdeen don't get bigger crowds. I mean there's feck all else to do up there.

Certainly a wee bit better than 13000.

Saints get around 10% of Perth as a guide for example so maybe not unrealistic to suggest Aberdeen should be doing better.

I'd honestly say about 18000.

What teams from big cities get 10% of the population through the gate? Wise up.

Archived