Central League

BigHartson

Read that article last night and I have to say its alarming the amount of clubs disappearing across the board.

Yes players will move on from club to club if they are not getting game but there seems to be a high casualty rate at the moment.

I also think the cost of running sides must be having a detrimental effect too. I bet a good few boys just can't afford to play now.

Wee birdy told me blantyre celtic could be next to go. Hope that's wrong

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The games are never boring that's for sure.

Hard game away to Dunblane on Saturday. Half the team away raving at Creamfields.

With half your team missing might give us a chance dont actually know how many were missing to creamfields!

Where have haldane got there players from? Done Excellent to pull a good squad together considering they are prob competing for same players as St pats, Dumbarton etc (my geography isn't great so apologies if this isn't same general area!)

Tough league just like the other two. I think them dunblane and Ashvale will be going for it toe to toe. Colville looking good for premier title. Pollock and possil my favourites for 1a

Would not write off Garrowhill ,Wishy or Postal teams either mate, these leagues have a habbit of flinging up some strange results as the season pans out and clubs lose their big pools as guys just want to play every week. But i don,t think your predictions are going to be too far off. Get yourself doon tae the bookies .

Had a look at Haldane Twitter and they have that striker back from arthurlie juniors. Which is strange. Why leave a top junior team that won a major last season for an amateur team? Unless the amateur team are paying more money. Now I'm not for one minute saying that Haldane are paying players. But seems strange

Ridiculous how any team that are doing half decent get accused of paying players. I think there are very few around Scotland that actually do this. He maybe wasn't getting a game and if he's local - travelling from Dumbarton to Barrhead twice a week may not have been worth little

Money he was probably on.

It would strike me S strange as any time i played haldane (albeit 3-4 years ago) they didn't have a big committee / support / social club etc so can't imagine where they would get funds from. I am happy to be corrected - just looking from the outside in!

Archived