William Hill Scottish Cup 2015-16 - Big Thread

• Replies 852
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This sounds like an excellent trip to be honest.

I don't suppose they'll have a train station though??? :lol:

I went up at the start of last season on a ground hopping trip for their game against Stenhousemuir in the cup. The only train from Inverness to Brora that would get you up in time leaves at 10:38. You'd be there a good two hours before kick off. The only train back you can get is at 18:00.

It is a really good trip though and worth the effort.

We are going to lose up there

I doubt it, you'll be to strong for them. Good social club at the ground and friendly locals with a stop on the way somewhere for refreshments. Back before closing time, what's not to like.

I doubt it, you'll be to strong for them. Good social club at the ground and friendly locals with a stop on the way somewhere for refreshments. Back before closing time, what's not to like.

I don't like the fact we play Elgin away the week after.

I went up at the start of last season on a ground hopping trip for their game against Stenhousemuir in the cup. The only train from Inverness to Brora that would get you up in time leaves at 10:38. You'd be there a good two hours before kick off. The only train back you can get is at 18:00.

It is a really good trip though and worth the effort.

I looked and there's one at 7.12 which would get there for 1, and the only one home is 6.

Was going to get bus but asking as I was wondering how many would travel. I doubt there'll be many if that's the only trains available to folk, which makes this draw a wee a bit shite.

Still look forward to it though.

The bus to Brora takes about one and a half hours from Inverness, the train 2 and a half.

Aye mean the supporters bus.

Was wondering about trains because if it was easy enough to get too we would have a good following. Seems like it's a bit of a pain in the arse which is a shame. Knew it was north of Inverness but never realised it was an hour and a half North. :(

What a shite draw.

Genuinely never heard of this Formatine mob until now.

Ex Junior team who moved to Highland League at same time as Strathspey and Turiff iirc.

Think ex Aberdeen manager Steve Paterson is/was their manager but not 100% sure.

Sure Hibee will correct me if I got it wrong.

Ex Junior team who moved to Highland League at same time as Strathspey and Turiff iirc.

Think ex Aberdeen manager Steve Paterson is/was their manager but not 100% sure.

Sure Hibee will correct me if I got it wrong.

Currently sitting top of the league having won 9 games out of 10 but played one more then Cove and scored 40 goals in the process. They have a good squad and players with SPFL experience like Paul Lawson, Johnny Crawford and Garry Wood. They've also got the likes of Neil Gauld, Cammy Keith and Graeme Rodger on their books who are all good players at this level. Could be a difficult tie for Clyde.

What a shite draw.

Genuinely never heard of this Formatine mob until now.

I was the same when we drew them in the first round.

However what a great day out it turned out to be.

The team itself are not to be underestimated, you could be going back there next season in the league. They are that good.

Archived