William Hill Scottish Cup 2015-16 - Big Thread

I read both the LTHV-Montrose blogs good reading. This may be obvious but I take it you started at Harestanes and are following every winning team in the ties after that.

I was wondering that as well. If I did this I would be doing the opposite and trying to avoid seeing the same team as I had already seen where possible. I think that is probably because I like to visit new grounds.

• Replies 852
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I read both the LTHV-Montrose blogs good reading. This may be obvious but I take it you started at Harestanes and are following every winning team in the ties after that.

I was wondering that as well. If I did this I would be doing the opposite and trying to avoid seeing the same team as I had already seen where possible. I think that is probably because I like to visit new grounds.

Tbf, I imagine he wasn't expecting LTHV to go from PR2 to at least R3 with home draws all the way (until now)!!

Spot on! I did my own draw and got Harestanes. From there I follow the winner of each match, with the aim of going to a match in every round all the way to Hampden. I wanted to visit new grounds and teams without choosing my games. There's a lot of fun in not knowing where I'll be going, and actively looking out for the draw with excitement. Just like when I was growing up (and even still now) I would tune in to see who United drew, hoping for one of the main culprits. As Hibee said though, I definitely didn't expect LTHV to make it as far as they have. However since watching them I'm not surprised in the slightest. They play really good football.

I do have a couple of grounds I hope to get to that I haven't been before. Hibs, Hearts and Aberdeen are my main ones.

I was actually in Aberdeen with work today and two different taxi drivers told me how Fergie is still thought of in godlike status in those parts. What a man.

I went to Wick v Whitehill then the replay.

I then followed up with Nairn v Wick but unfortunately it was a draw so I thought feck that for a game of sojers.

Not only that but Wick got drawn at home again v Lithgae.

Next round I'll probably go for Peterheid as its the only SPFL ground I've never been at.

Or maybe I'll just go for Sir Peter's heid......

I went to Wick v Whitehill then the replay.

I then followed up with Nairn v Wick but unfortunately it was a draw so I thought feck that for a game of sojers.

Not only that but Wick got drawn at home again v Lithgae.

Next round I'll probably go for Peterheid as its the only SPFL ground I've never been at.

Or maybe I'll just go for Sir Peter's heid......

Never been to Peterhead either but then again I've only been to 19 of 42 as I'm quite young so it will be good to tick this one off my list. Out of curiosity which end would you sit in.

Never been to Peterhead either but then again I've only been to 19 of 42 as I'm quite young so it will be good to tick this one off my list. Out of curiosity which end would you sit in.

I don't think there'll be any segregation and there' standing too, but as an ICT fan I would have to support the Blue Toon :lol:

It's not a big celebration ticking off all the grounds, I had been at them all before, till they added Dumbarton and Peterhead etc. I've also been at Peterhead's old ground watching Caley and I was at Boghead a few times. Also was at places like Annan and Elgin before they were league clubs.

How many people have seen their own club play at every ground though?

That's a good point. ICT, County and Livi fans would probably be at an advantage there. How about the Pars? Is that why you're asking?

I did a quick check and I'm missing five. ICT have never played at Annan or Dumbarton. They've also been at Berwick, Elgin and Peterhead, either in friendlies or the League Cup but never in the League.

I did see ICT play at Boghead once, against Clydebank, and East Fife at Bayview, Gretna at Raydale and Shire at Firs Park. Plus the obvious ones like Falkirk and St Mirren before they moved.

That's a good point. ICT, County and Livi fans would probably be at an advantage there. How about the Pars? Is that why you're asking?

I did a quick check and I'm missing five. ICT have never played at Annan or Dumbarton. They've also been at Berwick, Elgin and Peterhead, either in friendlies or the League Cup but never in the League.

I did see ICT play at Boghead once, against Clydebank, and East Fife at Bayview, Gretna at Raydale and Shire at Firs Park. Plus the obvious ones like Falkirk and St Mirren before they moved.

Yeah, it's become a bit of an obsession for me. I have seen the Pars play competitive games at 37 out of the current 42 SPFL grounds. Ross County, Albion Rovers, Peterhead, Berwick Rangers and Queens Park would finish off my list.

I missed our only game at Gretna as it was a midweek League Cup tie while I was still in school. I did see us at Love Street though but never saw us play Falkirk at Brockville or East Stirlingshire at Firs Park.

I've seen Cowden play at every SPFL ground apart from Celtic and St Mirren's new ground. The games at Aberdeen and Dundee United were for a youth cup game and a reserve game so I suppose that's pushing it a bit.

C'mon, you can't count reserve and youth matches! :P

I'm 14 short. Most of them are premier league grounds

Funny that. I'm 14 as well.

Aberdeen

Dundee

Dundee United

ICT

Kilmarnock

Motherwell

Patrick Thistle

Ross County

Falkirk