William Hill Scottish Cup 2015-16 - Big Thread

• Replies 852
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not sure but I think he means the replay.

Yep, it was the rearranged date I was querying.

It was pointed out earlier that the default dates are the next midweek again following a postponement as opposed to the immediate one.

Anyhow, when planning ahead for our first Scottish Cup final appearance in 95 years after last night's fine win ( :P ) I noticed that the final straddles either leg of the Premiership play off final.

Not particularly wise given that a clash isn't that unlikely.

Anyone know what the procedure is in such an event? Hibee?

Up to and including R3, attempt #2 is made the following weekend, or the midweeks either side if the clubs agree. From R4 on, attempt #2 is made the second midweek following (the weekend right goes), or the first midweek if the clubs agree. In both cases attempts #3 onward are twice per midweek - Mon & Wed, or Tue & Wed if the clubs agree.

Anyhow, when planning ahead for our first Scottish Cup final appearance in 95 years after last night's fine win ( :P ) I noticed that the final straddles either leg of the Premiership play off final.

Not particularly wise given that a clash isn't that unlikely.

Anyone know what the procedure is in such an event? Hibee?

Eh :huh:?

Given Scottish Cup Final is the weekend after Premiership ends, it will by definition clash with the play-off...

Play-off would make way.

Thoroughly enjoyed the Hearts v Aberdeen match tonight, but that the last Cup match I'll watch this round. Sky, as usual, chasing the bigot pound by televising both matches tomorrow. Seriously, rangers v cowdenbeath and stranraer v celtic, who gives a f**k!. Chelsea v Scunthorpe and Spurs v Leicester will do for me.

Thoroughly enjoyed the Hearts v Aberdeen match tonight, but that the last Cup match I'll watch this round. Sky, as usual, chasing the bigot pound by televising both matches tomorrow. Seriously, rangers v cowdenbeath and stranraer v celtic, who gives a f**k!. Chelsea v Scunthorpe and Spurs v Leicester will do for me.

Stranraer vs Celtic I can understand as the wee team's at home but you're right about the Rangers game. Utterly f**k all that's appealing about that.

This is not meant as a slight on the wee teams, replace the OF with Hearts and Aberdeen and I'd watch both matches. I have no interest in the fortunes of the OF, I want to see competitive football.

Chelsea are at home so it is different. It's more comparable with the Rangers match. Stranraer v Celtic is understandable. Rangers v Cowdenbeath is not, and Chelsea v Scunthorpe shouldn't be on the TV either, IMHO.

Matches at Annan, Airdrie, Dunfermline and Stirling - featuring the holders - were, on paper, more appealing matches. But it's all about viewing figures.

No EPL fanboy, I think it's a monstrosity, I much prefer La Liga.

I watch most Scottish matches, but avoid the matches that involve either of the OF. The only exceptions being matches against Motherwell or, for the LOL's, Celtic in Europe.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived