William Hill Scottish Cup 2015-16 - Big Thread

• Replies 852
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bsc are about the only team in the lowland league who charge more then a fiver. I watched the highlights of Talbot v partnership and your lucky if there was much over 200 there. I'd guess the crowd will be about 350 next week for a big home game

An interesting set of results yesterday... Most impressive were perennial R1 losers Fort William managing a win at Preston, and BSC Glasgow taking the strongest Junior team of recent seasons to a replay. Have to say, I was also surprised at Deveronvale losing 5-0 at home to Clach.

Beith 8 Glasgow Uni 1 with 8 different scorers when we played the school team.

Glasgow University are probably the weakest team in the competition, with the possible exception of Golspie Sutherland.

I don't understand your attack anyway as they aren't really a Senior club by usual definition. They play in an Amateur league: Caledonian AFL.

Would still rather watch Juniors than rip off Lowland League.

£10 entrance and £4 a programme?

Total rip off merchants.

You do realise that LL clubs charge £5, with the exception of BSCG (£7) and possibly one other I can't recall off-hand (£6)...

... meanwhile your own West Region Juniors have increased their prices to £6, at least in the Super and Premier divisions, IIRC :lol:?

Plus yesterday's £10 admission must have been agreed by Auchinleck. If they'd disagreed it would have been BSCG's usual £7.

I'd feel that £4 for a programme is excessive, but it's a one-off - 'first-ever tie', etc. - and buying a programme is an entirely optional purchase.

EDIT: And apparently admission for the replay at Auchinleck is £8 :lol:?

You seem simultaneously angry about and eager to criticise virtually everything about the 'big bad seniors', whatever the facts.

An interesting set of results yesterday... Most impressive were perennial R1 losers Fort William managing a win at Preston, and BSC Glasgow taking the strongest Junior team of recent seasons to a replay. Have to say, I was also surprised at Deveronvale losing 5-0 at home to Clach.

Glasgow University are probably the weakest team in the competition, with the possible exception of Golspie Sutherland.

I don't understand your attack anyway as they aren't really a Senior club by usual definition. They play in an Amateur league: Caledonian AFL.

You do realise that LL clubs charge £5, with the exception of BSCG (£7) and possibly one other I can't recall off-hand (£6)...

... meanwhile your own West Region Juniors have increased their prices to £6, at least in the Super and Premier divisions, IIRC :lol:?

Plus yesterday's £10 admission must have been agreed by Auchinleck. If they'd disagreed it would have been BSCG's usual £7.

I'd feel that £4 for a programme is excessive, but it's a one-off - 'first-ever tie', etc. - and buying a programme is an entirely optional purchase.

EDIT: And apparently admission for the replay at Auchinleck is £8 :lol:?

You seem simultaneously angry about and eager to criticise virtually everything about the 'big bad seniors', whatever the facts.

Does that £8 guarantee you a seat in their grandstand ?

Naw that's an extra 50p! :lol:

£8.50 if you're wanting in and a seat, a whole £1.50 cheaper than the outrageous price of £10 charged by BSC....

The reason it is extra for the stand is because a set of Talbot fans funded the money themselves for the stand.

Iirc they bought it from Hamilton when they rebuilt their ground.

The reason it is extra for the stand is because a set of Talbot fans funded the money themselves for the stand.

Aye all good and well but what difference does that make to what I said?

You could get in and seated at BSC for a tenner (outrageous) and you can get into Auchinleck and seated for £8.50 (perfectly acceptable)

The reason it's extra is because you get a seat. It's not really anything to do with who funded it. Linlithgow and Sauchie also charge extra beyond the basic admission cost.

The reason it's extra is because you get a seat. It's not really anything to do with who funded it. Linlithgow and Sauchie also charge extra beyond the basic admission cost.

Not what I was told by Auchinleck.

Archived