Most famous / successful ex-player

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alan Hansen played for Sauchie before going to Partick then off to Liverpool.

Did his brother John not also play with you before going to Partick as well?

I think WishawScr's question was really about life outside football for junior players.

I would have thought David Taylor ex Forfar West End (I believe) is well worth a mention. Qualified as a solicitor, also obtaining a Masters in Economics and an MBA . Headed up Scottish Trade International (part of Scottish Enterprise) for a number of years before becoming the first Chief Executive of the SFA. He then moved on to become General Secretary with UEFA, Think he was instrumental in supporting the organisation of Scottish fans which became the Tartan Army. Clearly a man who influenced many of the more positives aspects of football in Scotland and across Europe. And very much a normal guy who was happier with players and supporters than with the 'beaks. Unlike the current self serving arrogant blazers who populate Hampden.

The only person mentioned so far who entered the 'professions' is the Sheriff Scullion.

Donald Ford (Bo'ness) ran his accountancy firm for a number of years, presume he was a CA, and now a professional photographer.

Where are the ex junior players who are

High Court judges or Sheriffs beyond Mr Scullion?

Accountants who became company directors or partners in large firms?

Finance guys who became board members or fund managers?

Education. Head teachers or above?

Businessmen. Those who ran or run successful businesses?

Politicians. Either Councillors or MPs, MSPs etc

Scientists or academics?

It seems easier to list ex junior players who have weight, alcohol, drug or wife beating issues or who have done time. Or achieved all 5! :unsure:

Archived