M9 Crash near Stirling

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Listing the first things that come to your mind is not proof.

Tell me what these other legacy forces are doing so much better?

Am sure you are more experr on these things than people who have and do the job.

Why are you having a go at folk rather than the things they are saying? Go away and have a wee think, come back to me.

I just hear a lot of disquiet among current friends and old colleagues. I also hear of very poor engagement with other services and a redefining of established relationships for the worse.

Being smarmy isn't an offense by the way unless there are two of you, oh shit there's kilbowie!

It's P&B? Honestly man it's the done thing on here, seriously you need to either a) stop getting so wound up and just realise it's people taking the piss or b) not post on here? Obviously it's a free country, but ask yourself is you getting so easily wound up on a thread which makes the polis look bad (and ultimately rightly is a horrendous fcuk up) going to make the polis look any better?

Tbh I don't care what a bunch of people with no life thinks but when they talk of something they know nothing about it and then claim to know more than people who do the job then they are plain fcuking stupid.

And incidentally, when you say you pay taxes you actually mean you refund some of the money you take from the taxpayer

Earn from the taxpayer.

I take nothing I am not due.

I leave that to people who refuse to work.

Not only do the police leave the public to die in ditches, they don't want to chase burglars either -

The public should not expect to see a police officer after crimes such as burglary, the head of the new National Police Chiefs' Council has said

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-33676308

Man not the ball, therangers fan aren't you? Go on spit it out, Beith Juniors guffaw

Sorry could you please type that out again this time in English?

As for my non Junior team well it starts with A and ends in N!

But surely you've got to realise that people are failed by the state which leads to them 'refusing to work' they don't know better, they aren't given opportunities to break the cycle, it's not that a lot of people refuse I think it's more that a lot of people are written off unjustly for various reasons.

The only thing worse than a PC is a PC PC.

Disagree with some of the things you say but you can't ignore the fact a lot of people are unhappy. The idea of poor engagement with other services though I can't agree with, basically do social services job for them, community cops spend most of their time working with other services, multi agency meetings etc. It's hard to do more with less.

Thanks, I can't argue with your own experience or that there is a clear issue with the police doing jobs a massively underfunded and poorly led social care service / infrastructure should be doing. This all started with pccabe stating that things hadn't changed much from when he started with Strathclyde. The out of date experience I have and the anecdotal evidence I hear about Strathclyde is that it was bonkers, and the new order has carried on in that vein for the worse.

Annan IMO.

Phew.

Thanks, I can't argue with your own experience or that there is a clear issue with the police doing jobs a massively underfunded and poorly led social care service / infrastructure should be doing. This all started with pccabe stating that things hadn't changed much from when he started with Strathclyde. The out of date experience I have and the anecdotal evidence I hear about Strathclyde is that it was bonkers, and the new order has carried on in that vein for the worse.

Perhaps some of the Strathclyde policies that were implemented elsewhere in the country appeared bonkers, but actually worked where they were originally created. Part of the problem appears to be that the creation of a national force resulted in a one-size-fits-all approach.

The west of Scotland is a different beast to the rest of the country and so police tactics evolved differently.

As an aside - the call centre which received the call about this crash wasn't even one of the Strathclyde ones - it was in Midlothian.

Archived