Gravatars?

Wee Willie

Question

Is anyone else having problems getting into P&B?

I have P&B on my favourites bar and when I click on it I get a blank screen.

At the bottom left there is a line saying 'waiting for secure.gravatar.com...

After a wee while I get intae the forums.

I googled gravatar.com and apparently it is a website where you can sign up for an avatar which you can use globally.

In other words the one avatar for the whole internet whenever you sign in to anything.

My question is, is it part of the P&B setup where it checks to see if I have a 'gravatar' ?

post-55994-0-86933300-1436799499_thumb.j

3 answers to this question

It's a new ne on me, but a Google search on that doesn't throw up the words "malware", "virus", "removal", and the like. Initial thoughts - not immediately concerning, but a wee bit worrying if you haven't installed it yourself previously.

Is anyone else having problems getting into P&B?

I have P&B on my favourites bar and when I click on it I get a blank screen.

At the bottom left there is a line saying 'waiting for secure.gravatar.com...

After a wee while I get intae the forums.

I googled gravatar.com and apparently it is a website where you can sign up for an avatar which you can use globally.

In other words the one avatar for the whole internet whenever you sign in to anything.

My question is, is it part of the P&B setup where it checks to see if I have a 'gravatar' ?

attachicon.gifpb01.jpg

Any user on the forum can use a Gravatar as their profile picture.

This is accessed by clicking your name, then Edit Profile, then Change Photo. You can either upload one as most people do, or assign a Gravatar account which as you say means the same image follows you about from forum to forum.

If you are seeing Gravatar waits then it's probably because someone on the topic you are reading is loading their profile pic from Gravatar.

Nothing to worry about but shouldn't really be affecting the forum in the way you describe.

ps; Are you really still running Windows XP ?!

It's a new ne on me, but a Google search on that doesn't throw up the words "malware", "virus", "removal", and the like. Initial thoughts - not immediately concerning, but a wee bit worrying if you haven't installed it yourself previously.

I ken whit ye mean but it is only affecting P&B.

Any other website I visit I have no problems with.

Any user on the forum can use a Gravatar as their profile picture.

This is accessed by clicking your name, then Edit Profile, then Change Photo. You can either upload one as most people do, or assign a Gravatar account which as you say means the same image follows you about from forum to forum.

If you are seeing Gravatar waits then it's probably because someone on the topic you are reading is loading their profile pic from Gravatar.

Nothing to worry about but shouldn't really be affecting the forum in the way you describe.

No, it's before I get into the forum that the problem starts.

I click on my link to P&B and I get a blank/white screen with the wording in the bottom left.

After gravatar.com has done its thing it then allows me into the forum.

Absolutely nothing wrong with XP.

I have an epson 1290s A3 printer which only has drivers for XP.

That printer has done me proud for a good number of years and it's still going strong.

Why should I give up a working A3 printer?

Archived