The Terrible Journalism & Tom English Thread

19 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Ironically in this case the use of 'just about' is actually accurate since the game hadn't finished and Aberdeen's victory hadn't been confirmed.

I've used a bad example, but I maintain my point remains 'just about' valid. 

4 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Is that that diddy Aberdeen fan that posted on here? Can't remember his username but his views were shockingly shite.

I think the Aberdeen fan is someone different, but with a similar name. The Scotzine boy was a Celtic fan I'm sure, but had the generic "Scotland" as their team. 

Pretty sure their finest moment has been bumped in the Championship thread...

I always felt "just about" fits when they achieve said thing and no more. It's when someone uses "all but certain" or "all but..." when the thing is certain that bothers me.

Another one with people not saying nil-nil, I've noticed a rise in people saying none-none in England. Sounds so wrong.

44 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Dunno if this has been covered elsewhere but Scotzine has decided to stop publishing his site - http://www.scotzine.com/2016/10/time-to-bid-adieu/

I'm blocked by him on Twitter but that really is a contorted seething mess of a statement. 

Pass me the hankies....not really!  It's Scotzine at it's most Scotzine.  10% football and 90% heads-gone seeth.  

Incidentally I've been informed that he also posts on Twitter as 'Inside the SPFL', looking at both accounts there is a similarity.  Bizarrely, despite proclaiming himself to be a Celtic fan and his at times phonetic Glaswegian accented tweeting, he is in fact an English ex-football.  He played for Cambridge United and in Singapore (or somewhere in Asia) I believe.

35 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I think the Aberdeen fan is someone different, but with a similar name. The Scotzine boy was a Celtic fan I'm sure, but had the generic "Scotland" as their team. 

Pretty sure their finest moment has been bumped in the Championship thread...

La Leyenda was the "Aberdeen" fan.

1 minute ago, Rugster said:

La Leyenda was the "Aberdeen" fan.

Christ aye :lol: The boy who sits in the Celtic end for matches against Aberdeen because he "gets free tickets"

2 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Is the Scotzine guy the one who claimed Falkirk fans were chanting "we are the people", got corrected and then had an absolute meltdown about it and refused to accept that he was wrong?

Yeah, that threads been bumped in the Championship section. A tremendous read.

2 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Is the Scotzine guy the one who claimed Falkirk fans were chanting "we are the people", got corrected and then had an absolute meltdown about it and refused to accept that he was wrong?

8 minutes ago, resk said:

Wait, Quashie was Scotland captain?

Not that I can remember. 

He only played 14 times. Estonia (Fletcher was captain), Trinidad (Pressley), Hungary (Ferguson then Fletcher), Spain (Ferguson), Slovenia (Ferguson), Sweden (McNamara then an unknown player, Quashie was subbed off later in the match though), Italy (Ferguson), Austria (Dailly), Italy (Ferguson), Slovenia (Dailly), USA (Dailly), Switzerland (Ferguson), Faroes (Weir), Lithuania (Weir), 

Good. I feel better now. He was actually okay for Scotland as far as I can remember. Not captain material though, that accolade should be reserved for players like.....um...... WTF?! .... McNamara?!?!

5 hours ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Yeah definitely sounds like a Celtic fan.

8 hours ago, mjw said:

Someone tweeted him saying they hoped his wife miscarried her child.
Because he said things about their football team.

As bad as it is, it doesn't tell the whole story.

Scotzine is a moron, who argues with other morons on Twitter.

They would trade insults, Scotzine would taunt them "is that all you've got", so the other guy would up the anti and get more personal, he would taunt them some more "is that all you've got, is that supposed to hurt my feelings" to the point where, as morons do, they would say something extremely offensive and he would lose the plot about how they were bringing his family into it.

I don't defend either side but if you poke a hornet's nest don't play the victim when one stings you. If you know someone is a moron then block and ignore them, rather than antagonising them into offending you.

His website was shite anyway. He's only known by anyone because of his meltdowns on Twitter (and here). 

6 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Not that I can remember. 

He only played 14 times. Estonia (Fletcher was captain), Trinidad (Pressley), Hungary (Ferguson then Fletcher), Spain (Ferguson), Slovenia (Ferguson), Sweden (McNamara then an unknown player, Quashie was subbed off later in the match though), Italy (Ferguson), Austria (Dailly), Italy (Ferguson), Slovenia (Dailly), USA (Dailly), Switzerland (Ferguson), Faroes (Weir), Lithuania (Weir), 

I can't find anything on who took over from McNamara in that Sweden game either. Only one solution...

Image result for boromir horn of gondor

@HibeeJibee

Also, just look at the team in that game.

David Marshall
Kevin McNaughton
Ian Murray
Russell Anderson
Andy Webster (Stevie Hammell 54)
Jackie McNamara (Scott Severin 64)
Barry Nicholson
Nigel Quashie (Richard Hughes 90)
Kenny Miller (Stevie Crawford 71)
James McFadden
Stephen Pearson.

Unused subs were Craig Gordon, Steven Pressley and Alan Combe.

I know Burns purposefully picked some fringe players as he knew he wasn't getting the job and wanted to give players a chance while Sweden were also resting some of their better players, but f**k me. Alan Combe :lol: