The Terrible Journalism & Tom English Thread

I think Kroos will do a job at Madrid. Is there any truth that Madrid are also looking to sign Figo from Barcelona?

No chance. If I know my football, and I do, I'm prepared to bet it'll never happen. Edited by Savage Henry

Keith Jackson in the DR said "All in all then, this was precisely the place where Scotland’s champions should have been yesterday and it will be difficult - but not necessarily impossible - for the same sense of excitement to be mustered by whatever comes out of the pots here again this afternoon."

No Keith, it should have read, COULD. It was never 'should' because over the two legs the team that plays the better football and more importantly scores more goals than the opposition generally deserves to win and achieve the acholade of 'WINNERS'. So celtic 'could have won' but not 'should of won'.

Its the little bits of subtle bias that litter the poorer end of the journalistic spectrum and give credence to the lie that celtic are important on the European stage.

In Sportsmail's (the sporting wing of the Scottish Daily Mail) match report of Kilmarnock vs. Ross County, they commented on Michael Gardyne's assist for Liam Boyce's second goal. It was Jamie Reckord, however it's an easy mistake given they were both playing on the same side.

From today's extension of the Rangers Media known as the BBC 'Scotland' website Gossip column...

Scotland goalkeeper David Marshall's route back to the English top-flight after Cardiff City insisted they will not sell their captain to West Bromwich Albion after rejecting a £4.5m offer for the 30-year-old. (The Scotsman, print edition)

Dundee United believe they remain at the ahead of the pack to sign Billy Mckay and hope to have the striker available for Saturday's trip to face Ross County. (Daily Mail, print edition)

What makes this worse is that the errors, which could be fixed in seconds, have been there all day. Presumably nobody subs the sub or, more than likely, gives a f**k.

From today's extension of the Rangers Media known as the BBC 'Scotland' website Gossip column...

Scotland goalkeeper David Marshall's route back to the English top-flight after Cardiff City insisted they will not sell their captain to West Bromwich Albion after rejecting a £4.5m offer for the 30-year-old. (The Scotsman, print edition)

Dundee United believe they remain at the ahead of the pack to sign Billy Mckay and hope to have the striker available for Saturday's trip to face Ross County. (Daily Mail, print edition)

What makes this worse is that the errors, which could be fixed in seconds, have been there all day. Presumably nobody subs the sub or, more than likely, gives a f**k.

I'd guess they don't have a sub/subs.

Keith Jackson in the DR said "All in all then, this was precisely the place where Scotland’s champions should have been yesterday and it will be difficult - but not necessarily impossible - for the same sense of excitement to be mustered by whatever comes out of the pots here again this afternoon."

No Keith, it should have read, COULD. It was never 'should' because over the two legs the team that plays the better football and more importantly scores more goals than the opposition generally deserves to win and achieve the acholade of 'WINNERS'. So celtic 'could have won' but not 'should of won'.

Its the little bits of subtle bias that litter the poorer end of the journalistic spectrum and give credence to the lie that celtic are important on the European stage.

By using should rather than could, Keith is rubbing their noses right in it.

Rejoice and stop being a dick.

They've fixed it now. But ffs how do you make that mistake. It must have been a bet.

They carried on with it for a while though....the guy reporting it was stumbling with his words like someone was mouthing him what to say...was he even there?

post-37250-0-95729600-1440869160_thumb.p