Is Dare by Gorillaz the greatest song of all time?

Ayia Napa Daz

60 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

If Shaun Ryder had been asked to sing A Little Mouse With Clogs On instead of Ronnie Hamilton & vice versa then this song would have been enunciated correctly & you wouldn't have had "your top tune".

Der I said it.

A little known fact (unless you've read my autobiography) I was at the 50th birthday party of the Happy Mondays drummers mam. Which he obviously was in attendance of, being has he is a good lad. She worked in the same place as the lass I was seeing back then. They were at their peak at that time too. The Mondays, not the lass I was seeing & the drummers mam.

Grimbo

Are there any other Happy Monday related stories out there folks?

I used to drive through Little Hulton 5 days out of 7 per week but that was to pick the lass up I was seeing at the time of my above HM story but never saw any of them. So it's not really a story at all.

Grimbo

No.

Specifics Kerr, are you referring to the part of the no story in the body of my post regarding never having seen any of the Mondays in the streets of Lickle Hulton or that no other HM stories exist in P&B world?

Thanks in advance.

Grimbo

Dirty Harry is better aswell.

They aint got a chance, they aint got a chance

I need a gun cos all i do is dance

Cuse all I do is daaaaaaaaance

Highlight of the album for me closely followed by the track narrated by Dennis Hopper. An unbelievably funky track.

Weird timing this thread as was listening to and talking about Gorillaz yesterday. For me Albarn has done nothing better than his output with Gorrilaz. I have alot of love for Demon Days but Plastic Beach is one my favourite albums of the decade.

I used to drive through Little Hulton 5 days out of 7 per week but that was to pick the lass up I was seeing at the time of my above HM story but never saw any of them. So it's not really a story at all.

Grimbo

Bez was in Jack Daniels in Motherwell a few years ago. Great story that.

Grimbo

Shaun Ryder zipping Zippy around the 1 minute mark:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xi22s0_shaun-ryder-and-zippy-from-rainbow-the-word-1992_shortfilms

Grimbo

My other half saw Shaun at Real World studios at the time Black Grape were recording England's Irie. He had been for a piss and was walking around with his dick hanging out. He might have been off his face at the time.

It can't be because The payback by James brown is the greatest song of all time.

Read Shaun ryders book a while ago and it's a great read. Really honest about the Mondays music and obviously some of the stories are brilliant. You got to give him his due he came back with that black grape album which was one happy good time album.

Archived