Talbot Friendly v Glens Tourney

Cantona

Took in Craigmark v Talbot and then final 30 mins of Glenafton v Dalbeattie Star, what I found strange was the following, 3 officials at Dalmellington but only 1 at New Cumnock with each committee running the lines, does it just come down to individual clubs willing to cover officials costs ???

Took in Craigmark v Talbot and then final 30 mins of Glenafton v Dalbeattie Star, what I found strange was the following, 3 officials at Dalmellington but only 1 at New Cumnock with each committee running the lines, does it just come down to individual clubs willing to cover officials costs ???

Yes

" The mighty are giving the students a lesson" - Jeff Stelling.

Glenafton always have 3 officials for games but as this is a pre season freindly tournament with 4 90 minute games it is a different ref for each game which would require 12 officials which im sure every one knows is not economically viable

Could the 3 officials not mix and match the 4 games ?? My example being the game got quite heated in the last 10 mins as the Glens were chasing a better Dalbeattie side without the ref having any support whereas 20 mins west a formality of a result the ref could nae go wrong

As part of the reason these pre season games take place it is to help players build up their fitness so it would be pretty unfair to ask the same 3 refs to do 4 games wheather they are reffing or on the line as there were no complaints from any teams

Airdrie brought a strong side with them ( so i got told ) which is good , shame for glens they never got to play them as alaways a good test playing a sfl side .

You guys have made some decent signings so far , so have we , so expecting a good close game come our first league match at end of august.

When did you start back pre season out of interest ?

Yesterday RRG, we have to improve a lot on yesterday and today's showings, Rob Roy looked ok tho!

We started back couple of weeks ago i think. Yesterday we played a couple of trialist and were missing a few what i would say were first team playersso not to fussed about losing to a fairly strong airdrie side , not sure of team line up today but were no doubt missing some again , same boat as yourselves though , no doubt you had a few missing as well. Sure it will be a lot different come the first league game come end of august.

Caught the first half hour of your manager on the radio and heard you have had some ground improvements given the go ahead along with some funding , thought i heard him say plans for a new stand over the far side , 2 tier with hospitality , offices , community hub type of thing , sounds good !

The Glens/Rob Roy was a good game both I suspect were not at full strength Sunday, but that's not to take anything away from the Roy who fully deserved their win on the day. Im uploading the goal highlights from Saturday and Sundays games .

Good highlights mate, wasn't expecting any. Nice third goal for us though keeper looked like he could have done better.

The dalbeattie guys didn't half celebrate there equaliser with the last kick off the ball!

Archived