SPFL Development League 2015/16

Lot of lads never played 20s before in that Accies side and a few that have all ready been told there free to go meaningless end of season game but well done the Accies youngsters for there highest league finish ever so all and all a good season for them

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting to see that 3 of the top 4 are in the current top 4 in the Premiership and if you go to top 6 you can add in Motherwell.

I wonder what is going on at Ibrox and Murray Park as will 1 less win Rangers would have finished second bottom.

post-424-1462821061411_thumb.jpg

Rangers had to cut costs and loan out there best young players. They can say it was for development etc but the fact they couldn't field a full bench in the Scottish cup would make me think otherwise.

At St Johnstone we had 10 players out on development loans and still finished 4th.

I guess they had other priorities this season and may just move to the English loan market as how many players have come through over the years anyway from Murray Park.

• 5 weeks later...

Rangers had to cut costs and loan out there best young players. They can say it was for development etc but the fact they couldn't field a full bench in the Scottish cup would make me think otherwise.

Cut costs by paying THEIR full wages?

What would be the point of putting two 16/17 year olds not ready for first team football on a subs bench when they will never get on?

Interesting to see that 3 of the top 4 are in the current top 4 in the Premiership and if you go to top 6 you can add in Motherwell.

I wonder what is going on at Ibrox and Murray Park as will 1 less win Rangers would have finished second bottom.

A mix of Durrant being an awful coach and that Warburton doesn't like the development league so he's put the under 20's with the best potential out on loan to develop by playing regular first team football against senior pros and then using the development team for the under 17's or 18's so they can develop against older, more developed players.

• 2 weeks later...

A mix of Durrant being an awful coach and that Warburton doesn't like the development league so he's put the under 20's with the best potential out on loan to develop by playing regular first team football against senior pros and then using the development team for the under 17's or 18's so they can develop against older, more developed players.

We had 10 players out on developing loans and still finished 4th.

Archived