Gdansk

centralTon

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Back from Gdansk less than two weeks ago. Thats the3rd time my wife and I have been its a fantastic place especially if you are boring farts like us and like museums !!! The boat trip to Sopot from Gdansk is excellent just even if just to view the shipyards "where it all kicked off" Sopot itself is mainly a beach resort but its ok.

If you want any more info letme know !!

Back from Gdansk less than two weeks ago. Thats the3rd time my wife and I have been its a fantastic place especially if you are boring farts like us and like museums !!! The boat trip to Sopot from Gdansk is excellent just even if just to view the shipyards "where it all kicked off" Sopot itself is mainly a beach resort but its ok.

If you want any more info letme know !!

We were going to get the train to Sopot but quite like the idea of going by boat Where does it leave from?

• 2 months later...

gdansk is a bit meh in all honestly,plenty pubs etc but not much to see

Wow!!! Gdansk was a fantastic city, full of fascinating history. Beautiful city centre, Westerplatte where the 1st shots were fired in the 2nd world war, Solidarnosc museum and Gdansk shipyard, 2nd world war museum, birthplace of Fahrenheit, German and Soviet occupation and cheap, quality food and beer. Couldn't recommend it highly enough and will try to get back in a couple of years.

Archived